Pathetic Speakers

by Alpaca 40 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Alpaca, and welcome to the board.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum Alpaca nice story by way of introduction, we can also say something about the volcanic sediments that the watchtower is, in its bitter fiery anger against the rest of the world, Rutherford having set the tempo.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello Alpaca,

I have found peace of mind and spirit in agnostic/atheist secular humanist philosophy.

That's where I'm at as well. Pleased to meet you. Check out The Church of Reality website. I think you'll get a real kick out of it.

New around here too but feeling the love,

Nvr

• Schism
    Schism

We've had a reader say "ORGASM" instead of organism as well.

The best one was when an elder was giving the Sunday talk and kept using the phrase "only serving Jehovah HALF-ASS"

He thought he was saying a slang for "haphazardly", like maybe, "haphaz". He really cried after the talk was over, when someone laughingly pointed out his obvious mistake to him. He really said half-ass throughout the talk, the WHOLE TALK! Over and over. "When Armageddon is here, you don't want to look back on your life and see that you have only served Jehovah half-ASS.......do you????"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    you have only served Jehovah half-ASS

If I were giving awards for the best bad-pronounciations in JW talks, your elder would win.

LOL

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Alpaca - welcome. didn't even realize at first you wuz a newb!!!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ignorance can spread like wildfire.

One Sunday, the speaker said "irregardless" from the platform. Now, I happened to be dozing off, but as soon as he uttered this imbecilic word, I was wide awake and listening for more ignorant statements.

In the WT comments, two more people said "irregardless." I was greatly disturbed by the contagious nature of the speaker's ignorance.

• chelsea
    chelsea

There was a young guy who had to do the reading at a book study, and he said "Satan's catastrophic oyster" instead of "ouster" and unfortunately he answered a question and the "oyster" ended up being mentioned several times... Many people were pissing themselves.

• Schism
    Schism

What is it with the orgasms and oyster talk?????? JWs are so sexually starving!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Pathetic Speakers

I must be well over my WTS experiences, I thought that this was a thread about BOSE.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit