Does this amaze you or am I the only one????

by avidbiblereader 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

Feel the love.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

ABR,

To expound on Q.bert's comment

Feel the unconditional love

Nvr

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

Feel the unconditional love. Wherever you can find it. It's warms you up while it lasts.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    It is loving to warn of negative consequences. It's taught by SuperNanny. How much moreso by JWs.

There's natural consequences and then there's coercive consequences. Natural consequences are like, "f you drink and drive you put yourself and everyone on the road in danger. I am taking your keys. Come see me in the morning." Rather than, "You were drinking with worldly people. Therefore I will report you to the elders and have you disfellowshipped. I will not speak to you again until you see the full error of your ways, complete six months of purgatory, a full bible study with a Ministerial Servant two years your junior and gain full reinstatement in the Kingdom Hall of my choice."

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

A dictionary gives "coercion" the following definition:

Coercion: Controlling of voluntary agent or action by force.

Force (as a noun) can be loving, as in: mental or moral strength; influence, power to convince, vividness of effect; desirability, good sense; binding power, validity.

Force (as a verb) can also be loving, as in: compel (to right action); require special effort; effect, produce, by effort; artificially hasten the maturity of (plant, scholar).

King David wrote lyrics that included the following:

Make me know your own ways, O Jehovah; Teach me your own paths. Make me walk in your truth and teach me, For you are my God of salvation. — Psalm 25:4, 5.

Teach me to do your will, For you are my God. Your spirit is good; May it lead me in the land of uprightness. — Psalm 143:10.

And in your loving-kindness may you silence my enemies; And you must destroy all those showing hostility to my soul, For I am your servant. — Psalm 143:12.

Even righteous Zechariah was struck dumb for a period at Luke 1:20, 22, due to disbelief at an angelic message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit