Does this amaze you or am I the only one????

by avidbiblereader 24 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I'm glad you stuck around too.

• RAF
    RAF

Happy Happy Happy !!!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Abr,

No, it doesn’t amaze me that a cult that follows men rather than God shows no real love towards their members, family, friends, or those outside.

They simply teach hatred and call it love.

They ignore Paul's words in 1 Cor 13:

1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.[c] All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

Just as a rose by any other name smells as sweet,

You can paint crap gold but it’s still crap.

BA- Hates the sin, not the sinner.

PS- Thick skin is a prerequisite to posting on a public forum, methinks.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi ABR

I saw your thread earlier today, and I just want to say I'm glad that you are staying. I enjoy your comments, it's so good to have different opinions expressed freely, than to have spent over thirty years "watching" whatever we wanted to say, just in case we upset some-one in the Org.

Twinkletoes

They are a great bunch on this forum, and we have been helped in many ways too.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I don't think you get love for neighbour from the bible, I think you get it from being a human being. Some just choose to dismiss it easier then others. Glad you're sticking around.

Kwin

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    We have never met, we have known each other for only a couple of months, all these so called "misfits, apostates, unworthy people, these outcasts" can get it right, when the ones who claim to have the truth cannot.

It was the same in Jesus' time too when you think about it, the ones who were bound by rigid rules and performance were those whose hearts he couldn't touch, so he went to the outcasts - the non-conforming ones and found they had hearts of flesh, not stone.

Glad you're staying with us too abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am delighted that you are staying on. Ever since the days of Rutherford the dubs are putting all emphasis on preaching and have completely neglected the subject of developing a real christian character. As a result this became little more than a publishing company, a commercial enterprise. The dubs understand love to be not to harm your fellow humans but it means a lot more than that. Without love they can't be the truth.

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

It is loving to warn of negative consequences. It's taught by SuperNanny. How much moreso by JWs.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

*******Do you likewise find this amazing, how people from all over, the ones the organization said were not worthy to a part of; can show more kindness, fellow feeling, love and even within the confounds of problems, that people can work things out with a spirit of Christianity, maturity, and can come together and ‘put things straight" in love, with speed of time and to do so as it should have been done.*******

Not anymore, ABR. I used to be amazed, but I just find it comforting that I finally found the people I was looking for when I joined the WTS in error. This is my little chunk of "heaven on earth," when I come here to read and exchange dialogue and have fun. And don't be upset if you discover that from time to time a hellacious flame war will attempt to break out here. We do occasionally get trolls from the other side. Sometimes we get our pantalonies tied in a knot by a fellow poster or two and that works itself out, but not without an occasional black cyber-eye here and there. All things considered, you've just come home. We're family.

Welcome back!

Frannie

• penny2
    penny2

You get more love here in 5 minutes than in the WTS in 5 years. Glad you're staying, abr.

penny2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit