Does this amaze you or am I the only one????

by avidbiblereader 24 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I will try to make this brief but how can you abbreviate love and kindness? This is truly amazing!!!!

As many you have seen I ran into a small glitch on the forum the last couple of threads, without going into detail and really not necessary as there have been plenty of comments and views on both threads, I was willing to walk away from the forum because this is my nature as Paul said in

1 Cor 10:23, 24, 33a You say, “I am allowed to do anything"—but not everything is good for you. You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is beneficial. 24 Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others. 33 I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me;

How is all this amazing? Most of us were either in the organization or may still be, we were bombarded with how loving the organization/brothers were only to be completely left down, so disillusioned, so hurt, so scorned, so damaged when we realized the love that we were told about only existed on paper, only in the imagination, only in theory many times. And yet Christ said by this all will know you are my disciples IF you have love among yourselves.

It completely amazes me how loving everyone here has been in their posts, PM’s, and even emails. I want to thank many who helped me during this time from

LonelySheep, BlackSwan, AnewMe, Juni, Tweety, Tall Penguin, Quixote, Madame Quixote, MisAnthropic, AlmostAtheist, FoundMyWay, Jgnat, ExWitless, Toreador, Blondie, Abandoned, Good GirlBadGirl, JWDaughter, Bernadette, OnaCruse,FrannieBan, Karnage, 5Go and many others who were more than kind in their words of comfort.

*******Do you likewise find this amazing, how people from all over, the ones the organization said were not worthy to a part of; can show more kindness, fellow feeling, love and even within the confounds of problems, that people can work things out with a spirit of Christianity, maturity, and can come together and ‘put things straight" in love, with speed of time and to do so as it should have been done.*******

I want to thank everyone for the forum and how people can get together and show the love that Christ talked about, and what really amazes me

We have never met, we have known each other for only a couple of months, all these so called "misfits, apostates, unworthy people, these outcasts" can get it right, when the ones who claim to have the truth cannot.

Thank you again my friends and family, thanks for wanting me to stay, that is more than the people I knew, served, slaved for 22 years wanted.

abr

• DJK
    DJK

Great note, I hope it means your staying! Right?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I agree there is far more real love and humanity outside and this board evidences it greatly. However unlike you I was never disappointed about losing the love of the org as a whole as I never ever felt true love at assemblies. I remember snappy faced sisters glaring at me as a little girl because I took too long in the loo, and being constantly disapproved and punished. I had a couple of friends I made that I thought loved me but they didn't really. So I didn;t have the disillusionment to get over. But I was amazed from the moment I left how utterly kind people were if you let them be. I find it hard sometimes to accept kindness as I was brought up to believe there is no such thing as unconditional love, but there really is unconditional love and kindness - just not in the borg!

Glad you stuck around - I missed some of the hiccups you experienced - but no matter, you're here and we like you!

• serendipity
    serendipity

It's amazing once the shackles of excessive rules and resultant judgmentalism are removed, how love can be freely demonstrated.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Cool! You stuck around!

BTW, I sent you a PM.

—AuldSoul

• Quandry
    Quandry

It is indeed amazing.

The one thing I keep in mind is something I learned before my thirty year association with the WTS-- John recorded that God loves everyone so much that he sent his son to die for us, and Jesus was willing to do this.

Although the dissolutionment has been so overwhelming and I cannot think of joining myself to any religious organization, I hold on to the fact that while the WTS views us all (I am not df'd but my husband and I were told that we were causing divisions by not being friends with "spiritual shepherds" who treated our teen daughter cruelly) as bird pickings, we have value in the eyes of God. No human organization is authorized to be our judges, despite their assertions.

Yes, I have found myself with no friends after thirty years of thinking I had so many, and so for this board I am grateful, as I have association now with others who see the WTS as it really is, and offer helpful information and encouragement when needed.

Don't know what glitches you are referring to, but glad you are staying with us.

• anewme
    anewme

[APPLAUD] [APPLAUD] [STANDING OVATION]

BRAVO!!!!!

ENCORE!!!!!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I don't have a lot of time this morning but promise to respond to every PM but this is EXACTLY what I am talking about, already the PM's this morning that many have sent to me and posting on this thread, just cannot be put into words. You guys and gals, are the best.

abr

• tweety
    tweety

Hey Abv,

The one thing you won't find here is shunning! So I am glad you didn't leave!

Tweety

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I am glad you stuck around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit