Gimme your Best Shot.

by Frannie Banannie 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Twitch, I don't in any way mean to stick a pin in your balloon, chere ....but I'm afraid they've got the standard analogical JW answer to that. It concerns finding a nest of vipers in your yard and killing off, yes, even the babies, because they're gonna grow up to be just like the parents. I know. It doesn't make sense to me, either. Humans aren't vipers....well, not all of 'em, anyway. AND....an omnipotent deity should be capable of changing personalities and ending faulty thinking.

No worries; it was just the first thing that popped in my head.

I understand the point. I would follow with the question of if the babies are doomed to grow up like their parents, then why are you here? Looking for "sheep", eh? There must be some decent ppl out there no? I would close with "well, I'm sorry you feel that way about the majority of people in the world. I hope you find those who agree with you. Have a good day."

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

here is a pretty crochet pattern similar to the dress in the picture, except sleeveless:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011021222032/http://www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/v-14.jpg

• SilverNyte
  • AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I considered creating a thread similar to this one a few weeks ago styled after the 'taking the piss outta _____' threads that ran their course, but I ended up deleting it without hitting the submit button. But, rational or not, mature or not, sometimes it just feels good to treat them with their own medicine.

I work with maps a lot on my job, and I noticed that kingdom halls are all marked on the map; as any other church is...with a little black square and cross symbol. I have a half worked-out idea in my head about saying to the next JW I encounter "Oh, yes, I know about you people, I've seen your halls marked with a cross in my mapbook.' or something of that sort...kinda lame, I guess, maybe one of you can improve on it.

And back when my wife first started getting involved with the JWs, I jokingly threatened to answer the door chanting 'Baalzebub, Baalzebub' while making rock-n-roll/goat horn signs. Well...mostly joking...at least 75%, lol. Not that it would actually accomplish anything or make them think, but I bet it would have some entertainment value, lol. I also once told her I was going to tape a cardboard cutout smurf on the door, but she didn't get it...I even entertained notions of having a cartoon speech bubble coming from the smurf's mouth, with a message saying "Witness Protection Program" or something of the sort, but I never would have actually done that, funny as it is to think about.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

"My mum joined your religion and it destroyed our family".

It happens to be true.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL, Sylvernyte! I guess we won't hafta slap you to sleep tonite, eh?

But, rational or not, mature or not, sometimes it just feels good to treat them with their own medicine.

Yes, it does, Allalongthewatchtower. How about a Smurf Cutout on your door, holding up a sign that reads, "All JW's who enter here will be turned into Smurfs" ?

"My mum joined your religion and it destroyed our family".

It happens to be true.

Hey, ((((Sassy))))) That's what happened to our fam, too. Maybe if you said that to them, it would make them think twice about those whose families are broken over DF'ings and DA'ings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit