Gimme your Best Shot.

by Frannie Banannie 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I've been re-thinking about what to say when JW's come knockin'. I've thought about what the scriptures say about Jesus' words to the pharisees and think perhaps I might say, "I don't have any interest in the doctrines and writings of the scribes and pharisees of the WTS."

Or maybe I could just say, "Yall're just WTS Nazis and you look down on everyone else as if they were Jews during WWII, so I'd prefer not to converse with you."

What are your ideas for handling jdubyas when they come knockin' on your door or you run into them on the street? Gimme your best shot.

Something perhaps brief, but to the point that will pack a wallop and maybe make someone of them think for a change.

Frannie

• JH
    JH

I would say: At what time is the next meeting....."I'll try to be there early so that you can whip my a** with questions"

OK, I guess I didn't help ya much...

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Awwwww That's okay, JH. At least you didn't give me one of these.....

Frannie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

OK, first, invite them in. Insist. Don't let them back down or talk you out of it. Then, when they're huddling in a bunch by the door, point to other side of the room and tell them that's where you want them to set up.

They'll of course look at you with surprise and ask you what you're talking about.

Pretend to get a little irritated and say, "Look, you guys are the most expensive strippers I've ever seen. If I didn't have twenty-five horny men coming here in a half hour, I'd tell you to hit the road. Now just get your stuff set up so we can get this underway."

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you won't have much of a jw problem anymore...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My favorite is "is God going to kill me if I don't join your religion?" Very blunt and perhaps a bit immature on my part, but in my view many JW's go d2d year after year preaching their "lifesaving message" without ever fully acknowledging in real world terms just how violent their worldview is towards humans whose synapses don't fire in the same patterns as their's do in regards to abstractions such as "God", "kingdom", "truth", etc.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

OK, first, invite them in. Insist. Don't let them back down or talk you out of it. Then, when they're huddling in a bunch by the door, point to other side of the room and tell them that's where you want them to set up.

They'll of course look at you with surprise and ask you what you're talking about.

Pretend to get a little irritated and say, "Look, you guys are the most expensive strippers I've ever seen. If I didn't have twenty-five horny men coming here in a half hour, I'd tell you to hit the road. Now just get your stuff set up so we can get this underway."

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm guessing you won't have much of a jw problem anymore...

(snicker/snort) Abandoned, you debil, you! I'm sure that'd be a show-stopper! LOL!

My favorite is "is God going to kill me if I don't join your religion?" Very blunt and perhaps a bit immature on my part, but in my view many JW's go d2d year after year preaching their "lifesaving message" without ever fully acknowledging in real world terms just how violent their worldview is towards humans whose synapses don't fire in the same patterns as their's do in regards to abstractions such as "God", "kingdom", "truth", etc.

DantheMan, I really like that it's very to the point and certainly hits the nail on the head, however bludgeoning it may be. LOL! I guess I'm more "Southern Belle" in my methodology. I like to slide up on 'em, smilin', and slip a shiv in their self-righteousness.

Frannie

• agapa37
    agapa37

Why don't you just handle it the Christian way and say I am not interested. Don't be mean and hateful, just tell them to go away and not to come back. Is that so hard?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    or you run into them on the street?

I had just that experience a week ago. Came out to my car to get some supplies and three Pioneerâ„¢ sisters all converged on me like vultures on fresh meat I hardly had a chance. When I was sure by seeing the Asleep! rag I simply told the one talking I wasn't interested in anything they had to say. I was prepared to say more but she cut it short and said "have a nice day" and turned and went across the street!

Whew!

I see no reason to bring up anything with them it's crazy making and I've got better things to do with my time these days, I've had enough of my precious time eaten up by that cult, no more for me!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and personal Savior. He has forgiven me of all my sins.

I have His spirit living in me as John 14 and Romans 8 says.

His spirit guides me, teaches me and disciplinbes me.

I have God's Word to use as a guide along with Christ's Spirit which lives in me.

Can your group enhance or add anything to what Jesus has already given me?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Why don't you just handle it the Christian way and say I am not interested. Don't be mean and hateful, just tell them to go away and not to come back. Is that so hard?

Cause that's not the way that Jesus handled the scribes and Pharisees in his day and these people (yep, I WAS one) represent modern-day scribes and pharisees. Gee, Agapa, do you think Jesus should have been more tactful? He was rather "in their face" with all the "whitewashed graves and hypocrites" talk, dontchya think? Agapa, you just need to get some good ol' Southern grits to get chapped, chere.

I had just that experience a week ago. Came out to my car to get some supplies and three Pioneerâ„¢ sisters all converged on me like vultures on fresh meat I hardly had a chance. When I was sure by seeing the Asleep! rag I simply told the one talking I wasn't interested in anything they had to say. I was prepared to say more but she cut it short and said "have a nice day" and turned and went across the street!

Whew!

I see no reason to bring up anything with them it's crazy making and I've got better things to do with my time these days, I've had enough of my precious time eaten up by that cult, no more for me!

Kate, you did the very best thing under the circumstances. After all, they caught you off guard, chere. I've got more time on my hands than Carter has peanuts, so I think it'll be interesting to hear what other's have thought about saying when jdubyas come a-knockin'.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit