If Christ the Mediater Only For the Annoited

by lighthouse19something 38 Replies latest jw friends

• aniron
    aniron
    I've been a Christian all my life. Nobody anointed me with holy water, or fire of holy spirit. How do you figure that I'm anointed anyway?

Q.Bert

Well it seems in your everyday Bible reading you missed this:

Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.2 Cor 1:21,22

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

And, now, who is the US he is talking about? I wasn't there then.

• aniron
    aniron

Q.Bert

Seeing Paul was talking to Christians. Then it is obvious that he was saying that all of US that accepted Christ are anointed. Because Christ is alive and therefore can still anoint His followers.

Of course you probably think of "anointed" as something being poured out on you, oil, water, Holy Spirit.

Another definition of "anointed" is: "To choose by, or as if by divine intervention." {American Heritage Dictionary)

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. ..." John 15:16

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Pet 2:9

David was "anointed" as a young boy showing he was chosen to be the next King, even though it was years later before he became King.

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert
    "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Pet 2:9

A "royal priesthood" refers to priests that are kings as well. Surely, these king-priests are trained to be such, and are given power over many, even able to forgive sins. I don't recall getting such a call, nor would I be interested in such. Life here on earth makes much more sense to me. Just without the pain, sorrow, sickness, and death. I think of Psalm 37:11, 29.

— Q. Bert

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Q.Bert,

Would you define your treasures as those stored in heaven or those stored on earth? Would you say that you are looking for a material reward or a spiritual one? Are seeking fleshly things or spiritual things?

If you want life on earth ... which is material ... in a fleshly body ... which is minding after the flesh ... which do you want?

These were some hard questions I asked myself some months ago. The Bible recommends a different outlook.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

I count spiritual treasures/reward/things higher than earthly, but I have both.

— I am Q. Bert, after all.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Q.Bert,

I noticed you didn't answer the questions. If you are not of Christ you won't get any spiritual rewards; if Jehovah's Witnesses are right your reward will be material, earthly, fleshly.

AuldSoul

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good question Lighthouse. But the WTS doesnt have to worry, the number of partakers hasn't gone down in the last 20 years. There will always be some that decide to partake (though this does make their doctrine that the number was filled in 1935 look quite silly)

• deeskis
    deeskis

(note to self, stop posting after drinking chardonnay!)

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

If we sow to the (holy) spirit and receive Jehovah's favor, then we reap its rewards and are of Christ: whether with a heavenly hope or an earthly one. "Fleshly rewards" is not the same as "demonic rewards". The planet will remain after Armageddon, just as it did after the Deluge. The use of the world "flesh" can be positive or negative, depending on the context

— I am Q. Bert, after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit