If Christ the Mediater Only For the Annoited

by lighthouse19something 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Q-bert,

All it takes is reading comprehension, get out your Bible and read it, man:

Revelation 20:1-9:

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the bottomless pit[a] and a heavy chain in his hand. 2 He seized the dragon—that old serpent, who is the devil, Satan—and bound him in chains for a thousand years. 3 The angel threw him into the bottomless pit, which he then shut and locked so Satan could not deceive the nations anymore until the thousand years were finished. Afterward he must be released for a little while.

4 Then I saw thrones, and the people sitting on them had been given the authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony about Jesus and for proclaiming the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his statue, nor accepted his mark on their forehead or their hands. They all came to life again, and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

5 This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.) 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. For them the second death holds no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him a thousand years.

The Defeat of Satan

7 When the thousand years come to an end, Satan will be let out of his prison. 8 He will go out to deceive the nations—called Gog and Magog—in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore. 9 And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them.

(Bold highlights mine)

BA- Follows the Bible, not teachings of men.

PS- in case you didn't "get it" the only ones alive during the thousand year reign are those who survive Armageddon, and the resurrected martyrs- everyone else is resurrected after the thousand years. There it is, in black and white, from the Bible.

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

The Mediator is saying that his Father's the boss, and do what the boss says. We better do it.

"Jesus" means "Jehovah is the Savior". So the attention goes primarily to Jehovah God, the Author of all scripture.

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. — 2 Tim. 3: 16-17, with footnote interpolated.

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

You will believe what you want. — I am Q. Bert, after all.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jesus means "Causes to Become Saves" ... Colossians says Jesus caused all things to exist, and James says by means of HIM all things are yes.

I think you need to think more and read the WT less. But you will continue to believe what they tell you to believe, while I will believe what I want.

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

You read it and come to your conclusions. I'll do the same. To each, his own.

— I am Q. Bert, after all.

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

"Jehovah is Savior", "Causes to Become Saves", and "Jah saves" all mean the same thing, after all. It's 3 different ways of expressing the same thing. I'm glad we can agree on at least a few things, even if some like to play Devil's Advocate sometimes.

— I am Q. Bert, after all.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I loosely agree that YHWH means "causes to become." But I do not agree that the name refers to the person you believe the person refers to.

You believe the name refers to the nefarious front God for the nefarious Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. I truly believe the Governing Body speaks for their God, so we also probably agree on that. But I would bet you don't think they have their arm shoved up their God's skirt making it appear that HIS lips are moving, and I do think that's what they do.

• heathen
    heathen

According to the WTBTS the name jesus means ,YHWHs means of saving . Savior of God or something along those lines . Some good points being made as most christian religions will teach once saved always saved and that christ died for all sin all the time , the bible is clear it's no that way at all , John 3:16 " for GOD loved the world so much he gave his only begotten son, in order that everyone excercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlastin life" . Apparently it's the excersizing faith part that matters , people can do that by obeying his commandments IMO . When jesus did the last supper he said about the wine meant his blood that would be poured out on behalf of many , not everybody . There are warnings as well of false christs and people using his name but were actually ravenous wolves . AFA I'm concerned the only way to tell a 144k member is that they will live as eunichs and bear witness to jesus . Their entire life is focused on preaching the gospel .

• Q. Bert
    Q. Bert

nefarious is your terminology, not mine. I go to authorized sources of information, and draw my conclusions accordingly, engaging all my personal higher powers of reasoning. It works for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit