DF'd for Son's Bday??

by brunnhilde 17 Replies latest jw friends

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

We're having my seven-year-olds first birthday party at the local Chuck E. Cheese (yeah, I know but it's what he wanted). I don't especially care, but if a dub sees us and reports us (as you know they would), can be we be df'd? Like I said, I don't particularly care, and wouldn't be sorry either. Just curious...

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Yep!

This is for your son!

birthdaycake2snoopystarsstarsstars

• karnage
    karnage

You're certainly looking at some "back room" time with the Elders if you are found out. Happy birthday to you son! What I find interesting is that there probably aren't witnesses ever in that Chuck E. Cheese... but there will be that day!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I think it would matter if you were still attending any meetings or associating with any of the dubs regularly...

• krissu
    krissu

The elders will have a meeting with you and if they understand that you don't regret your action even if you know it was wrong... yes.. it is possible, that you will be df'd. I asked from my father. He is an elder. And if your child wants to celebrate one's birthday... then it's your failing as a good christian parent. Because Bible says that you have to belive in God and that his orders are not hard, and only then you can teach youre children and they will be good christians. But if you don't care, than even this shows that you dont love Jehova and his orders.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Huh. Ah well, *WEG* maybe we'll get LUCKY and the "group" will stop by to use the bathroom while they're out in service *snicker* I am REALLY curious to see how far they would be willing to push the issue on this really. I can see it now - somebody sees us and reports it. The elders call and leavea message wanting to meet with us and of course, we don't return the call. They hold the meeting and since we didn't bother to show up, they DF us. *shrug* Good riddance!

• caligirl
    caligirl

If you are worried about being DF'd, have the party on a meeting night - we have been to several week night B-Day parties at Chuck E. Cheese and it was great. It is much less crowded than on weekends and the kids actually have a shot at getting to play games without a long wait. And bonus is that it is highly unlikely that someone from the hall will be bringing their kids out after a meeting for games. Just a suggestion.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

If you see a dub at your kids birthday party tell them to leave. It's pagan.

P.S. wear earplugs

Dismembered

• sir82
    sir82

In the super-secret elders manual, "celebrating a birthday" is not one of the reasons one can be D-F'ed. If you have more liberal elders, you might get off with a stern "talking to" and a loss of "privileges".

If the elders are more strict, they might consider your celebration as "loose conduct" (which is in the book) and can you anyway.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Probably.

Happy birthday to your son.

Why not send an invite to your BoE's. Save all the hassle of hoping someone rats you out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit