DF'd for Son's Bday??

by brunnhilde 17 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'm with Sir that it's not officially a DF'ing thing, but it can be spun into anything. You're not obeying the slave, so do you really believe they ARE the slave? Oh, you don't? Well, that's apostasy -- you're DF'd!

But it sounds like you're cool with that which is, well, cool! :-)

Happy birthday to your son!

Dave

• agapa37
    agapa37

If you are worried about being DF'd, have the party on a meeting night

Here's another idea, if you so worried about getting disfellowshipped stop celebrating birthdays! Or, if you do not want to, take Jesus advise, either be hot or cold....not luke warm!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends on the local elders how legalistic they are or if they are holding a grudge against you. It's just ridiculous that one should be dealt in this way for celebrating a birthday.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Here's another idea, if you so worried about getting disfellowshipped stop celebrating birthdays!"

Here's yet another idea for AGAPA! Why dont you listen to your CrapTower overlords and stop participating in apostate discussion forums?

How ironic you decide to post on this thread given that as soon as your elders identify you here, YOU will be disfellowshipped!! LMAO.....

• agapa37
    agapa37

Kid A stop acting like your screen name KID.............Isn't it past your bed time?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Or, if you do not want to, take Jesus advise

Jesus was the guy that warned against straining out the gnats and gulping down the camels, wasn't he?

In the grand scheme, I'd say birthdays are gnats and protecting pedophiles would be camels.

Would Jesus disapprove of birthday celebrations? I don't think so --> http://thebentinel.com/jw-birthdays.html

Dave

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Umm, thanks..., I guess, Agapa. If you read my earlier post, you should have seen that I asked the question out of curiosity, not because I give a ratsa$$ if it happens or not. Believe me, there is nothing I'd like better than to print my DA letter on the front page of the local paper. Unfortunately I have family still "inside," who, like you, still believe in the supreme power of the GB to dictate everything including the way they treat their relatives. That is the ONLY reason I haven't, and I'm starting to wonder if its worth it. Comments like yours just make me all the more grateful I'm out of that hypocritical cesspit of idiocy and circular reasoning! So, thanks again!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! He's SO excited. We've kind of celebrated since Wednesday and tomorrow is the big party. Lots of kids, lots of noise and lots of fun! I'm glad we got out in time for him to do these things while he's still little *grin*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit