WERE THERE ANY BIZARRE ELDERS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

You mean like the one that had a drunken knock-down drag-out fight on his front lawn with his whole family over his daughter and her boyfriend? The police were called. He's still an elder.

Or perhaps you're speaking of one like the elder who gave a df'ing talk, describing VERY graphically the sounds and smells that must have occurred during the act of fornication for which the young pioneer sister was being df'd, while the sorry-*ss young brother involved only recv'd reproof? Totally revolting.

Or maybe it's the elder with the big showboat of a car who left his car in the parking lot of the KH and squeezed into a med.sized carload of pioneers, telling my 12 yo son, they didn't have room for him, on the morning my son stood in freezing cold and rain for 1 1/2 hrs waiting for the elder to pick him up for field service, as he'd promised? B*st*rd! My son was totally crushed and crying when he came back into our home. It was never the same for him after that.

Then again, could you be referring to the elder who told me to "be careful and perhaps not visit, since she was "emotionally labile," upon hearing that I was planning a visit to a young married sister with 6 stair-step kids, who was freshly grieving over the loss of her husband in an auto accident?

Then again,

Frannie

• badboy
    badboy

fannie,

TELL ME MORE!

TELL ME MORE!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I just added more to that post via the "edit" tool. Check it again, BB.

Frannie

• badboy
    badboy

o my,what graphic detailsd they go into!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

The usual sights, sounds and smells associated with sexual conjugation, BB.

And the elder was extremely sarcastic and derogatory in his description, too. I wanted so badly to hug the young sister who sat there in front of everyone crying her eyes out.....and to slap the P.O. who gave that talk.

Frannie

• Kaput
    Kaput
    .....and to slap the P.O. who gave that talk.

Never mind a slap, Frannie...you should've given him the knee! 3 times for emphasis, too!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Not in mine but several others in the surrounding congregations, ones that always went above and beyond the things written, Doing whatever they wanted to and then pleading "I didnt know".

abr

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Never mind a slap, Frannie...you should've given him the knee! 3 times for emphasis, too!

Yep, Kaput....there's so many things I'd like to "do over." But even giving him the knee 3 times (hafta LOL @ 3 X for emphasis!) wouldn't have been justice!

Frannie

• quixote
    quixote

QUIXOTE,I WONDER WHY THAT ELDER SUFFERED A STROKE?

Yeah, I wonder the same thing. He partially recovered but was never the same. Removed from being an elder but I can't remember for certain if later on he was a MS.

Just remembered about a CO who during a talk told a young mother to take her crying baby to the bathroom, he didn't want to hear it. It was more in the way he said it and with that haughty authority that bothered me. Poor mom didn't even get a chance to give the baby a pacifier or a bottle. The whole KH was so quite after that you could hear a pin drop as the saying goes.

• badboy
    badboy

I WONDER IF IT WAS THJE SHOCK OF 1975 NOT BEING END OF WORLD,OR HIS RANTING AND RAVING CF HITLER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit