WERE THERE ANY BIZARRE ELDERS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 60 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

ARE THERE ANY CONGREGATIONS OUT THERE WITHOUT A BIZZARE ELDER?

That's a better question. My first cong. had a control freak who helped another brother
    become PO, because he was so easy to manipulate. That way, things came from the
    other brother, not him.

My next cong. had Brother "Strictly by the rules as defined by WT literature."
    There was no compassion or understanding. He was the secretary. People would
    phone in their service time. He would never even write it down or tell them that he
    wouldn't write it down. A week to a month later, he would tell them "You still didn't
    turn in your service time. It has to be on a service slip."
    We also had a great get-things-done-brother, but he gave the Memorial Talk one year
    and he said stuff straight out of the movie "The Ten Commandments" that was not in
    the Bible.
    Another brother's Memorial Talk was about the possibilities that Celestial Phenomena
    included things like Hale-Bopp Comet. (I should have smelled the cult brewing, then).

My current cong. has the totally loyal with-blinders-on men who call "Mother" and do
    whatever they tell them to do about anything. One guy, though, insisted that all sisters
    wear pantyhose at all times (when wearing a skirt or dress).

I bet there are much better stories than these.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

How could they not be bizarre?

I mean isn't being a counselor without training or experience bizarre in and of itself, especially when you are expected to counsel people to make life-threatening decisions about refusing something as normal as a blood transfusion to promote cult practices?

Of course they were bizarre - all of them. Not to mention, hypocrites, too.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

There were several in the cong i was in. Some were pretty cool but were frowned upon. But there's always complete weirdo's. The Service overseer always seems to the ultimate nutjob....

• greendawn
    greendawn

Not really though one had an obsession with demons and would say things like: if you have any weaknesses don't mention them because they will be revealed to the demons who can then exploit them.

• quixote
    quixote

I agree with my counter part Madame Quixote (are we related?). More than bizarre they were hypocrites !

There was one elder that gave the talk for the memorial service in 1975 that scared me. He got so exited about it being the last Memorial ever, he was ranting and raving. Can't remember for sure but he might have been foaming at the mouth too. Poor guy suffered a major stroke in 1976.

Quixote

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

There was one elder that is very determined that I do not date any sisters even though I was scripturally free to remarry. I have never told you this, my ex wife was disfellowshipped in 1998. One time, I was talking to a sister in the circuit assembly, she is okay, but that elder counseled me about it. I told him that I am not really interested in that sister, he backed off.

• badboy
    badboy

QUIXOTE,I WONDER WHY THAT ELDER SUFFERED A STROKE?

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

No!!!....all elders are com...heh......completely......norma-........BAAAAA-HAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Right on Madame,

I mean isn't being a counselor without training or experience bizarre in and of itself, especially when you are expected to counsel people to make life-threatening decisions about refusing something as normal as a blood transfusion to promote cult practices?

Of course they were bizarre - all of them. Not to mention, hypocrites, too.

We had a lame-brain who thought nothing of giving the one on child rearing for gods sake. When either he or is wife (one or the other, not sure which and don't care) were broken, they had no children. What on gods green earth would ever give someone in their right mind, any inkling that they'd be in a position to go ahead and admonish parents on child rearing. That's a like the Roto-Rooter man giving a speech/talk on brain surgery. He's only a turd king for cripesake!

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit