Lurkers and JWs: Are you in the truth?

by AuldSoul 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." He didn't say he HAD the way, or that he HAD the truth, or that he HAD the life.

According to the Bible, Jesus IS the truth; if you know the truth, the truth will set you free.

Jehovah's Witnesses set their dogma and religion in the place of Jesus. They refer to their dogma and religion by a role that Jesus said he would personally fulfill; they call it "The Truth."

The Bible is clear that servants of Christ can be in the truth. Jesus IS the truth, and his servants are in him. However, Jesus is NOT a religion or a religion's dogma. The Bible shows that Jesus invites a personal relationship with himself, and that once that relationship is established the person who has established it is freed.

Is it any wonder, then, that Jehovah's Witnesses doctrinally proscribe any direct communication (communion) with Christ? If someone has no personal relationship with Jesus Christ—the one who IS the truth—such a person cannot possibly be IN the truth.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I think this is an important question, since this seems to be THE THING that all exiting JWs hesitate over at one point or another.

• Zico
    Zico

It's a very good question. I will probably use it myself. Thanks.

Do you think it's ok to pray to Jesus then?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. I think it is okay to pray to Jesus. Prayers of praise to the One seated on the throne and to the Lamb are available throughout Revelation.

• agapa37
    agapa37

The Bible is clear that servants of Christ can be in the truth. Jesus IS the truth, and his servants are in him. However, Jesus is NOT a religion or a religion's dogma.

If that were the case then, the entire New testament of the bible is null and void. It is quite clear in those books, that After Jesus, the CHRISTIAN Congregation was started. Based on Christ teachings the Congregation ran. The truth of Jesus was manifested through the teachings (dogma) through the newly formed Religion, which was refered to as the WAY!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Do you think it's ok to pray to Jesus then? Zico

Not only do I pray to Jesus, I worship Him with all my heart and soul.

Jesus is God in the flesh according to the bible.

• TopHat
    TopHat

AuldSoul, Wasn't the freedom Jesus referred to, the freedom from Jewish Law or the Law of Moses?

• Lumptard
    Lumptard
    According to the Bible, Jesus IS the truth; if you know the truth, the truth will set you free.

If "the truth" = "a man"....then the bible is correct. A man who died two thousand years ago can't set anyone free. You're only as free as your mind is open.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Very well put, AS, amen Brother.

abr

• Quandry
    Quandry

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life." He didn't say he HAD the way, or that he HAD the truth, or that he HAD the life.

I always felt that knowing Jesus was paramount to our future prospects of life. I was totally dismayed when I realized that the WTS said that Jesus is the mediator of the 144,000 and not of all mankind. That left them as our mediators and intercessors when the Bible clearly states that there is one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus.

I do feel that Jesus IS the truth--and our mediator--and our means of life--no matter who we are. That being said, I do not believe that Jesus is God but the mediator between God and men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit