Lurkers and JWs: Are you in the truth?

by AuldSoul 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bebu
    bebu
    5/ Is He risen (could He die? - did the universe have a period without its triune God?). Is the Truth physical or is that a form that is created at will and discarded at will (is Catholic transubstantiation therefore possible?) If you met Jesus today would you see God, a dove, a man with physical form? What is the resurrection if the body is non-permanent anyway?

I just have time to reply to this section.

God in His own nature cannot die; Christ took upon himself human nature, so that he could do through that nature what the nature of God inherently cannot. The triune God did not disintegrate when the Son's physical nature died, for it did not kill his divine nature, which spoke to the spirits in prison. (I disagree with Auld Soul here.)

The Truth is exactly whatever Jesus calls it. This , from our perspective, can look arbitrary. If Jesus said "Live" to someone who has died, they will live. If not, they will not. The truth has constancy and yet also a living/changing quality about it.

If you met Jesus today, I think you would see a man exalted by God with a glorified physical body that is suitable for the spiritual realm. There is a "man" at the helm--on the throne of heaven. That is good news for our race. There is nothing evil about our physical bodies; God has honored them.

IMO.

bebu

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont
    The WTS, by encouraging a corporate theological amnesia on its membership, manages with a nimble dexterity that is only possible in a hermetically sealed society, to overide any qualms that the majority would have.

I don't believe the same as you, but my, mog, what a finely crafted sentence! I salute you!

Lenny

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

JESUS IS THE MYTH... not the truth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit