I'm sick............. :-(

by whyamihere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Colds and flus are caused by viruses and these are very simple creatures that due to their very simplicity they are difficult to fight. Bacteria are a lot more complex and easier to sabotage using one antibiotic or other. All one can do is let them run their course though some think that vitamin C can help speed up the recovery process.

I don't get that many colds recently. I had one in 2005 after I got soaked in the rain, none in 2006 and one over this weekend that suddenly disappeared on Monday evening. Either my immune system got stronger due to exercising and eating a lot of fruit and veg or else the virus I got was a weak one.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Chicken broth with lots of garlic!

Oil of oregano (foul stuff but seems to help)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Take a man-sized dose of Nyquil - get under the covers - go to sleep and rest. That always works for me.

Jeff

• JH
    JH
    post on my thread saying I am sick and everyone needs to feel sorry for me

Poor Brookie is sick......she aint feeling too well.

get me some tissues mags and NyQuil and a blanket and hot tea and the remote and will you rub my feet?

Yes Brookie, right away Brookie

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Have a really really spicy curry, really really hot- you'll feel better in now time. Also have a scorching hot shower, loads of steam- that always helps.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Paul's curry idea is excellent! also try a big bowl of hot sour soup!

Everyone has been pretty good with the OTC medication advice.

I'd like to throw in my vote for the "hot tea toddy" -- strictly speaking, it may not be medicinal, but it will help you feel better.

Also, I have found that a polartek (polyester fleece) blanket is very helpful. For one thing it really helps trap the warmth next to you to help allay the chills, and secondly - IT DOES NOT ABSORB SWEAT AND BECOME A GREAT SOGGY DAMP MASS. You can sweat your eyes out wrapped in polartec and still feel quite comfortable. The sweat will migrate thru the polartec to the blankets or sheets on the other side.

Just a couple of tips from a sweat hog.

Nathan's Tea Toddy:

1½ ounces Southern Comfort (substitute whiskey if you wish)
    2 Tablespoons Honey
    Juice of one-half to one Lemon
    4 ounces hot black tea

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I take 4 cinnamon capsules (I buy 'em at WalMart) and while it may not clear up ALL the accompanying symptoms, it DOES kill the virus that causes flus and colds...within the hour. Scientist are doing research on cinnamon's use as an antibiotic.

Frannie

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I heard a cold is 3 days coming 3 days visiting and 3 days leaving. So you have to hit your fast forward to March 10th. Things should be comfortable there.

• Satanus
    Satanus

To kill the cough, add a small amount of ginger to your tea. Works for me.

S

• vitty
    vitty

I know how you feel, im sick too!!!!!!!!!!!! hubby was going to be away with work but rearranged it so hes comming home tonight

You mentioned that your a single mother when did that happen Theres nothing worse than being ill by yourself

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit