I'm sick............. :-(

by whyamihere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Anyone out there that knows how to cure a head cold fast?

Headache, chest cold, fever, cough....I sound so hot right now....lol. All I am doing is drinking green tea, with a blanket wrapped around me. Any other suggestions?

I'm such a baby..

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Extra Vitamin C? I hope it goes away soon. I have been battling a cold for two weeks now. Bronchitis by now, probably.

• JH
  • megsmomma
    megsmomma

There is some really great stuff called Emergen-C. You can get it in the "colds" section at Wal-mart, health food stores, or Pharmacy's. You add it to water and it just gives a good dose of vitamins. It seems to help a-lot. Me and hubby have not been sick in 2 years!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

A person doesn't normally get a fever with a cold. It's possible that you may have the flu or bronchitis. You should see your family doctor.

• juni
    juni

Hi Brooke,

I'm in Wisconsin also. My husband had the virus - same symptoms as you have - a couple of months ago. It is a virus that was going around all over a couple of months ago. You just now got it.

It has to run its course as any virus. Coughing is a big part of it that can last a month. If you notice it going into your sinuses and having green/yellow snotinskies then go to a Dr. It means you have a secondary infection and you'll be put on antibiotics which helps get rid of that added problem.

What to do for it? Make yourself comfortable, drink lots of water and don't over do it. Get as much rest as you can and wait it out. OTC decongestants and expectorants (guifenesen) will help. I know he used that regimen after talking w/the pharmacist. I don't know much about the herbal teas.

Take care of yourself.

Juni PS Talk to the pharmacist who has your records and knows what would be best for you. You don't want to take something OTC that would conflict w/other conditions or meds you have.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Try Mucinex and Sudafed, lots of fluids, and plenty of rest. If you have High Blood Pressure don't take anything that contains "D".

Hope you feel better!!

nj

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Sister "Big Baby",

You'll have to ride it out, I had it for two weeks and thought I was dying. Hope ya feel better soon.

Dismembered

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Extra Vitamin C?

I'll try that, thanks!

A person doesn't normally get a fever with a cold.

It's no uncommon for me to get a fever with a cold. I'm not going to the Dr., you need to drag me to get me there.

What to do for it? Make yourself comfortable, drink lots of water and don't over do it.

Well, I am pretty much a single mother, I'll do my best.

Try Mucinex and Sudafed, lots of fluids, and plenty of rest.

I'll try that tonight, thank you!

Greetings Sister "Big Baby",

You'll have to ride it out, I had it for two weeks and thought I was dying. Hope ya feel better soon.

I am a baby, I need my DAD! I am going to Buttlight's house Sat, so I want to feel better by then. This sucks!

• Jourles
    Jourles
    All I am doing is drinking green tea

That's all you're drinking? No Starbucks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit