Global Warming Hysteria

by metatron 262 Replies latest jw friends

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Hillary,

It is you who has missed the point.

You could claim that mankind causes the majority of variance on the perceived rings of Saturn, if you wish, but then the onus is on you to post your sources that led you to a seemingly irrational conclusion.

You have made a bold claim. You have stated that ALL currently available scientific data indicates that manmade sources are not a major source of climate change. You are obviously aware that a large part of the world scientific commiunity disagree with you, and have presented their evidence as to why they take this stand - from their point of view thay HAVE proved this scientifically. The evidence is not a mystery, but peppered all over the Internet, scientific journals, peer reviewed papers, for all, including yourself, to research.

So, putting words in my mouth, are we? Go re-read what I stated, no such thing. It is you making the bold claim. What a ridiculous straw man! What, do you "sky is falling" types all march in lock-step? Still have the old JW robot thing going on?

The majority of the scientific community disagrees with you.

Please continue to note, that I have not expressed my own point of view as yet.

Ooh, ooh I'm holding my breath until you do!!!

I am just teaching you how to properly debate outside of the boundaries taught to you in 'Watching The World'. So, put up or shut up. That is all Abbadon is asking for you and your camp to do.

Listen, Richard Cranium Hillary, I need no lessons from children on "debate". You have shown your hand, it is you who bears the burden of proof.

BA- heard a gnat, but swatted it.

PS- What is it that makes the sky is falling crowd so arrogant and pompous?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

elderwho,

This thread is funny for a number of reasons, most I will keep to myself. However, it is interesting how the pro-global warming persons seem to immediately disregard and attack the motives of the anti-global warming persons. The pros remind me of how the Dubs attempt to win arguements. Say something with enough bluster, and you will win, right?
    LOL....I agree.

I have a feeling that political affiliations play too much of a part on either side of the camp, and that this clouds the issue. The inability for most posters to present pertinent evidence apart from 'LOL...I agree' and such facile comments, speaks for itself. HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Brother Apostae,

You have shown you hand, it is you who bears the burden of proof.

This has been provided, not by myself, but by the majority of the scientific community as I have previously stated. Do not tell me, you are a 'creationist'? I see the same lines of myopic thinking at work.

Listen, Richard Cranium Hillary, I need no lessons from children on "debate". You have shown you hand, it is you who bears the burden of proof. BA- heard a gnat, but swatted it. PS- What is it that makes the sky is falling crowd so arrogant and pompous?

I presume that this is the sum of the ability to produce evidence for your point of view? I will take your comments as a defeat in the face of a far superior intellect. You are a lightweight in debate Brother Apostate. I will not waste my time with you in the future.

I am not sure if Abbadon has insinuated in the past that you are rather dull and stupid? If he has not done so, he has been too kind.

Have a good weekend - HS

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

HS,

I have a feeling that political affiliations play too much of a part on either side of the camp, and that this clouds the issue. The inability for most posters to present pertinent evidence apart from 'LOL...I agree' and such facile comments, speaks for itself.

Speak for yourself. I remain unafilliated. BA- Laughing at the "political affiliation" comment, as if Hillary can read minds.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Hillary,

You are clearly not getting it.

If you have credible proof that more than a few percent of Global Warming can be attributed to human sources- post it.

It is up to the folks pushing the sky is falling agenda to prove it.

If you continue your disrespectful comments, there will be no "debate" as I don't debate with children.

BA- That's rational minds 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999, sky is falling crowd 0

P.S- you aren't really Abbadon, are you? Are you two bunkmates? Methinks there is a great probabilty.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

XJW,

This thread is funny for a number of reasons, most I will keep to myself. However, it is interesting how the pro-global warming persons seem to immediately disregard and attack the motives of the anti-global warming persons. The pros remind me of how the Dubs attempt to win arguements. Say something with enough bluster, and you will win, right?

Another waste of the readers time. State your position on the issue and present your evidence for that position - if you are able. Your comments are not helpful and are, as ever, innaccurate.

HS

Schlepper,

I have not posted an opinion on this issue, because I have not yet made up my mind on this issue, obviously you missed that with that blinding intellect you so pompously toss about. Secondly, my observations are accurate, since I have no dog in this fight, I come at it neutral view, and thus I see the near religious zealotry and persecution applied against anyone that does not hold to the current Progressive heterodoxy of global warming.

Whether or not you view my comments as helpful or inaccurate, is not the point. What is the point is that obviously my comments struck a nerve with you, and as usual, in your feable attempt to dismiss me, you have shown your own intellectual dishonesty, which is merely par for your arguements.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Are global warming skeptics really just cranks

I prefer to call them Simpson Jurors, but cranks works in a pinch

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    have no dog in this fight, I come at it neutral view, and thus I see the near religious zealotry and persecution applied against anyone that does not hold to the current Progressive heterodoxy of global warming.

LOL....I agree. Oh maybe that was to facile.

• 5go
    5go

I mean, it's such a 'bitch', that people are just falling over each other to come here, risking life and limb.

Get real, 5go.

Warlock

They were also doing that to get in to all the past empires as well till they crashes and failed. All from about the same reasons lack of forsight, planning, loss of energy, and military might.

Why is America diffrent ? It isn't.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

lol @ 5go

It's really embarrassing to see how poorly people reason - 'The fact that America is in many respects a more pleasant place to live than many other places in the world is positive evidence that our lifestyle can't be detrimental to our planet's long-term ability to sustain life"

good lord

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit