Global Warming Hysteria

by metatron 262 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

http://cjunk.blogspot.com/2007/02/quacks-cranks-and-junk-science.html

Are global warming skeptics really just cranks? I don't doubt that we are having some effect on

climate but the media is generating hysteria about this. It's politicized "science" on BOTH sides

of the arguement. Are the oil companies against it? and the Nuke builders are for it??

Are the oil producing nations against it? and those that wish to defund them, for it?

Amazing, isn't it? Despite a loss of religion, some people still love doomsaying about the End of the

World, regardless. It's just a habit of thinking.

metatron

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Thanks for posting and for the attached link. Scientists can't even agree on rather or not global warming exists or if it does what is causing it. It has become a religion to some people.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Global warming is really trendy and progressive to talk about but I see very few if any walk-the-walk. I am not seeing solar panels and wind turbines going up on houses or more people riding bikes and using less plastic. It is the new religion of secularism coupled with the endless doomsday state of mind.

There are the "I hate oil companies" crowd that is always trying to find more ways to get other people to join thier little party. Fear is always the best way to get peoples attention.

Maybe we should build more nuclear reactors and hydroelectric dams since they both have a zero carbon footprint. Does anyone think the greenies would be open to that?

What about that awful power company in California that just built a solar power station. They want to put in power lines to get the power to the city but the greenies are blocking them in court. The lines would go through part of a state park.

There are numerous examples of green power being blocked or fought by enviromental groups.

hypocrites.

• 5go
    5go
    Maybe we should build more nuclear reactors and hydroelectric dams since they both have a zero carbon footprint. Does anyone think the greenies would be open to that?

Um nuclear reactors don't help you with the carbon footprint they're 70% as bad as a coal plant. ( think of mining and refinement where does the power come from for that ) I would be for hydroelectric but we would need quite a few hydroelecttric dams and you private property nuts would lose some land under the lakes that would be needed for such things.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Um nuclear reactors don't help you with the carbon footprint they're 70% as bad as a coal plant. ( think of mining and refinement where does the power come from for that ) I would be for hydroelectric but we would need quite a few hydroelecttric dams and you private property nuts would lose some land under the lakes that would be needed for such things.

Ok, I'll bite, where do you suggest future energy come from ???

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Bingo.

It's natural phenomena- the hot/cool cycles on our planet are cyclical, man's impact is very small.

BA- Doesn't buy the hype.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Solar panels are not very good either since they are made from lead and other dangerous material which also causes more pollutants on our planet. I agree with 5go, hydroelectricty is the best way to go if we had more places (and money) to get them up. The cost of going hydro is high but evens out over time....AGAIN if we could talk some people out of land we'd be able to get some of the problems solved...hehehe

• BrentR
    BrentR

Here are some ideas. You could build a wind farm off the shores of Martha's Vineyard and have the "progressive" Kennedy, Kerry family and and many others block it in court.

Or you could take advantage of the ever present winds in Eastern Washington and put up wind turbines only to have the county council severely limit the number of turbines per acre. If by chance your local county allows it then you have to deal with the animal rights camp opposing it because the turbines will kill a certain number of birds.

There are many green power ideas but we just have to get the enviromentalists to stop opposing them. The net result is no green power and a bunch of people that come off as complete disingenuous hypocrites.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    It's natural phenomena- the hot/cool cycles on our planet are cyclical, man's impact is very small.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this. I'm trying to add a PDF file to give examples but I'm not sure how to add it here. I'm taking environmental science as we humans have a very large impact on what is happening. One example the article gives is many of us dont think about the trash that is picked up once a week which goes into land fills and produces pollutants such as greenhouse gases.

Believe it or not, they have garbologists who digs through the stuff to find out how things break down and other tests. One thing that I found interesting is that paper is about 38% of our waste and it doesn't break down as well as you might think. Garbologists have found newspapers that was 50years old and could still be read. What happens is, it is packed so tight and the weather can't get in so it basically preserves it.

Darn, wish I could send the file...it makes for interesting reading.

Though, you may be able to find it...here's where I got the info from: Electronic version

Thomson (2005), Living in the Environment, What is U.S. Garbage? Paper Rules, (pg. 534) para 3 and 4

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

How would you like to have your job as a career digging in garbage???? Any takers??? hehehe Not me...hehehe. Thankfully someone does cause I couldn't personally do it.Ewwwww

Oh, the greenhouse gases (from the land fills) contribute to our ozone and pollution problem...just wanted to clerify it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit