Evaluating Raymond Franz

by greendawn 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I think his book is good in fact its really good, but what worries me is what witnesses have said to me that its just an update of the watchtower slave one

I suspect you are referring to 30 years a Watchtower Slave by Schnell. There is no comparison

I respect Franz.

I have worked in situations where I saw that staying quiet meant good innocent people would get hurt. Speaking out meant I could very well lose my job. But that moment of crisis comes when you have to decide to stay quiet and protect yourself or speak out because you know with every fiber of your being that it is the right thing to do regardless of the cost to you calls on some people to follow what is right.

Franz did that. He acted with honor then and has continued to do so in the years since

• elliej
    elliej

When I was in I often told my husband that I wished I could be fly on the wall of a governing body meeting. Ray Franz gave me that opportunity and I can't thank him enough. His book was the nail in the coffin of my faith in the WTS. It led to my complete freedom.

• blondie
    blondie

So, Cordelia, have you personally read one or both of Ray Franz's books and read 30 Years a Watchtower Slave and made your own comparison? Now's the time to start doing your own research and forming your own thoughts. Even those who post here don't want to tell you what you should think and do.

Anyone who has read Ray's books and read 30 Years a Watchtower Slave knows that they are as different as night and day.

So do some research, Cordelia, then your conclusions will be your own based on what you have read yourself.

Blondie

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I have the highest respect and regard Ray as one in a million!

Outaservice

• zack
    zack

Didn't he write Commentary on James for the WTS? Best book the WTS ever published, IMO.

I ordered CoC from Commentary Press, reassured that it would arrive in a plain paper wrapping, had it mailed to my office, hid it in my locked

desk and only read it in my office, door closed! What kind of religion inspires such fear in the hearts of its members (I was an elder at the time) that

they feel they have to hide reading material? (Did I mention I paid for it on my company credit card? Didn't want my wife knowing what the charge on our card was)

Well, CoC may have been the best investment of my life. Thank you, Brother Franz, for writing the TRUTH. It does set you free!

• Confession
    Confession
    Didn't he write Commentary on James for the WTS?

Actually, Zack, I believe Ray mentioned that it was Ed Dunlap who took the lead on that book.

I wholeheartedly agree with your comments on that fear. I had it too. I thank my good friend, Outaservice, for mailing CoC as well as ISoCF--and a lot more. But I had a hiding place for all of this literature--EVEN THOUGH I LIVED ALONE!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Ray is and has truly been a faithful and discreet slave for truth and righteousness.

Pope

• mouthy
    mouthy

I love him!!!! Just spoke to him a week ago... Anyone that prays !!!!send one up for him He & Cynthia have not been too well.I sent all your lovely comments you all made a few weeks ago ( printed it off & sent it to him... ,

• Gayle
    Gayle

While at Bethel in the early 70's, Ray gave the best morning talks,(they took weekly turns),all the others just repeated what was in the literature already(boring). But,Ray (also of the humblest), was a researcher and was the most stimulating (as coffee was served only after ). His wife, Cynthia, was of the most loving, humble, honest-hearted,,hospitable,,down to earth sisters there. She and I worked together in housekeeping and took occasional breaks together. I left Bethel in '74 with so many pieces of the puzzle, yet Ray's "Crisis of Consciences" put it all together for me.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Ray is a Prometheus among us...

"Prometheus Among Us" Who would challenge the gods,
    Or question what is divine?
    Prometheus, the fool, who proved he cared,
    Prometheus, the wise, who stooped to share,
    A spark of truth with a darkened world,
    A means to eat and temper the cold,
    Prometheus, bearer of the sacred fire,
    Prometheus, called to a purpose higher,
    Than himself or other Titan born,