Evaluating Raymond Franz

by greendawn 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prophecor
    prophecor

Absolute necessary reading by those in and or out of " The Truth "

With the blinders that you'll have removed upon reading his works, you'll have a more comprehensive understanding of all that you only thought you knew.

"When you beleive in things that you don't understand, then you suffer...."

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

When I was experiencing my initial doubts about the Watchtower, my friends lent me Crisis of Conscience.

Once I'd read that, I knew the Watchtower Society did not have the truth, and that I would do the previously-unthinkable, and leave the JW religion. I might have left eventually anyway, but reading Rays' wonderful book brought the event forward, and I thank him for the freedom I have now.

• needproof
    needproof

I could never say anything against Ray since he released me from the chains of the WT. I once emailed him and got a nice response. I don't agree with his theology but I owe him a hell of a lot.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ray broke me out of prison - his keys were words of truth. I thank him for that from the depths of my heart. His books hold a special meaning to me - and in the history of this organization his valiant fight to release many from bonds of the heart will be remembered as significant.

Jeff

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

I think his book is good in fact its really good, but what worries me is what witnesses have said to me that its just an update of the watchtower slave one

I'd love to believe everything he said is true and the whole truth guess i'm still abit ingrained i hate the wt etc i just want to know that what i'm basing losing my family on (i.e. in part reading his book) is completely for real

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I'd love to believe everything he said is true and the whole truth guess i'm still abit ingrained i hate the wt etc i just want to know that what i'm basing losing my family on (i.e. in part reading his book) is completely for real

Cord - what may we help you verify? The facts are out there independent of Ray. Just ask and you will likely receive in more abundance than you can absorb.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is no doubt a lot of respect for Ray on this forum. The GB got their come uppance for treating him in that way, someone who had dedicated his life from 1939 to 1980 that's 41 years serving their organisation full time. At least a lot of people came to realise who they really are through CoC. If you don't agree with someone who is telling you uncomfortable truths kick them out rather than reform. Ray didn't like at all the 1914 deception which he realised was such from his own research and was confirmed by the work that Johannsen had sent to the GB and for which he was himself DFed.

• Confession
    Confession

We had a former Governing Body member laying out the facts and telling it like it is. Ray did not have this. While others may have contributed, he was able to see the truth about The Truth through a careful examination of the Bible, historical data and the organization's record. It took guts to do what he did. And he did it as kindly as possible.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    some people critisise him as not being a really heartfelt opponent of the WTS,

I heard some criticism about Ray Franz too. What else could the man do. Thanks to his books hundreds have seen the "light". The man is a true gentleman. Sometimes you catch more flies with honey. He sure did

Wanna

• greendawn
    greendawn

His guiding principle was what he had heard from Rutherford: "we have no excuse to conceal from the public any facts". Of course it's very doubtful whether Rutherford really meant it, but Ray always had this in mind and was disturbed when he saw the GB hiding a lot of things from those blindly trusting in them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit