Did you ever falsify your time?

by avidbiblereader 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I told the body I was working full time, so I could no longer pioneer. Please take me off of the list. They said OK, just wait a little while. So I turned in 10-15 hours per month. After 6 months, an announcement was made, I was KICKED off of the list for not getting my time. Out of anger, I turned in time of 90 hours per month to make up the lost hours. I said, I had just found it. They had kicked me off for no getting my time, despite my earlier request. I was told that they threw away the extra slips that I turned in. That told me it was all a sham.

• Numinous
    Numinous

After pioneering 5 years I went from being really honest to counting time for anything that matched up with the phrase "I could be doing something else right now". So. The minute I left the house the time was counted and whatever happened from that point on was out of my control...the oppression of never having a moment of free time eventually got to me. Restrangled, my life wasn't as bad as your dad's but...that "self-sacrificing spirit" is so exhausting. One more thing about reporting time...my elder SO husband would hand me the files of people that needed to be phoned for their service time while he was upstairs watching an old Gilligan's Island. Lots would just tell me an hour and I would write it up...but I would wonder how an hour was possible. Even if you went out for a morning it would be...let's see...for me that would be...

• free2beme
    free2beme

YES YES YES!!!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Numinous said:

Restrangled, my life wasn't as bad as your dad's but...that "self-sacrificing spirit" is so exhausting.

Thanks, N....my dad was exhausted......the WBTS could have cared less. He spent years serving time at Assemblys, after putting 70 hours a week at work.

I remember we had a huge snow storm in Chicago, and he couldn't get home.We watched for him every day.

I'll never forget him walking down the street after being delivered by a bus a few days after the storm

Did the Wbts care or even acknowledge what happened to these families......NEVER!

r.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Not until about 5 yrs ago. As I was secretary then it became VERY easy to fudge not just my hrs but the wifes, and anyone else who didnt submit a report after I asked them repeatedly, I wasn't a very patient sec. So I know for a fact that the year end report stating hrs, etc is not accurate and I am sure there are other sec. out there who did the same thing.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I remember our PO, who every month had the exact same time, books, mags, RV;s, studies and yet you never saw him except when the CO was in town. Now that is consistency.

abr

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think it was more of a pioneer thing, than a regular publisher thing. The pioneers were the best for coming up with interesting ways to count time. One of my pioneer partners' family members was in a nursing home, we would ago, put the bible on the table and talk about everything other then religion and count the time. It was great!

And since jws are told that they witness by their mere exemplary conduct, I felt that when I was around "worldly" people it was a "witness" and would count the time.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I used to count my time from the second I thought of going out.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit