Did you ever falsify your time?

by avidbiblereader 37 Replies latest jw friends

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I was taught by the reg pioneers at the kingdumb hall how to be creative in counting time. We'd immediately call one of the bible studies and the time would start, then always take some territory in the middle of nowhere in "Deliverance" country where it was all deer hunting shacks or summer cabins. We'd leave mags at every door and not see a human for an entire day.

Embarrassed to even been a part of this.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I was never a the best witness,

at first i never falsified my time. Then about 10 years ago, I was doing about 50 hours a month while i was away for severla months in another country, i would report to the service overseer back home in my congrgegation that i did like 14 or 15 hours....why? because I was sick of feeling like I was doing field service for them, i was doing it for jehovah!

after that, i had no problems putting in less time, or more time than I actually did. I figured it didnt mean shit anymore. Before i ever read anything ''apostate'' i had come to the conclusion that all we were doing was following men. After I went inactive, it felt good to not have to put up the pretense that i was being a good sister.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always used a rounding calculation. If I did less than five hours, I rounded to 5. If I did between 5 and 10 I rounded up to 10. If I did more than 10... oh wait, that never happened.

Placements were based upon a fairly complex formula of which I forget now. I always reported a family study, ALWAYS. Didn't always happen but always reported.

• Lumptard
    Lumptard

No...'cause I'm not a liar

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Anything over 40 hours was time and a half when I pioneered. And I always put a small decimal (.) before the 10 other wise, and nobody noticed it was .10 hours.

Outaservice

• unique1
    unique1

I didn't until the very end. For that last year or two I made it all up.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    And I always put a small decimal (.) before the 10 other wise, and nobody noticed it was .10 hours

Very unique and yet you never lied, awesome.

abr

• quixote
    quixote

Never lied but I was taught to be creative. The time at the coffee shop while out on ministry counted. Why? Because we would place a magazine at the table we were sitting at.

Any passerby that observed our literature could aproach us, but none ever did. Still, they were "preached" to.

Q.

• needproof
    needproof

Once I remember the PO tell me that I hadn't reported for last month yet, so I said 'oh. ok', I walked to the back, took out the report sheet and asked a fellow 'brother' to name a number between 10 and 20 - he had no idea and said (cant remember now) lets say 13 - and I wrote that one down instead.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yes sure. The last year I was still considered an active witness.
    you think I could stomick real field service....

I had the terretory assignment in the cong. for a while. Was pioneering. Knew very well, what everybody did, and knew what everybody put in their timeslips. Know that were two significantly different thing.....
    Most were many not dishonest... but sure "very creative" which differs not too much i think....

DB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit