Did you ever falsify your time?

by avidbiblereader 37 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

As a witness/pioneer, did you ever falsify or lie on your time card?

abr

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Never.

But I was creative. Sometimes, we'd feed WTBTS literature to the goats at the petting zoo.

Figured we were providing food at the proper time to goat like ones.

Plus we could get 8 hours of time in a box of old magazines.

BA

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Nope. I used to feel guilty going with the pioneer groups that would spend most of their time driving around and taking breaks. Dig this... I was pioneering when they were building the assembly hall in Denton, Texas. I used to go down there every wednesday and every weekend. Even still, I felt guilty counting my time because of all the time standing around.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Another good way to get hours was to arrange to hit a not at home close to the KH, right after service, and then arrnge a string of not at homes around the outskirts of the territorry such that you could get 4 hours in fom 6-8 not at homes.

Plus, you could leave old magazines at the doors you went to and count them without ever talking to anyone other than the car group.

Then you could go eat at a diner, mention God to the wait staff, and count that too.

Being creative always kept the publishing and pioneer hours lookin' good!

BA

• free2think
    free2think

When I was pioneering my pioneer friends would round up their hours and include looonnnng breaks under the pretext that we were giving a witness as the staff in the coffee shops knew we were witnesses. I always felt guilty about that so I never did it. They would also spend long hours with unbaptized pubs and again round up their hours. It did make me really mad the way they used to count their hours for doing nothing as I was very conscentious(?) about how I counted my hours. Didn't get me very far though, I burnt out after three years.

Editted to add: I also used to estimate my hours after I stopped pioneering, as it was only a few not worth noteing down.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Abandoned I bet you the IRS loves you, too honest. But I know what you are talking about, I went to work on a Assmebly Hall in West Palm Beach area, I seen 8 pioneers walking around with one can of PVC cement glueing one pipe all morning, but you should have seen them RUN when the dinner bell was rung. Out of the way Shamoo

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

Strangely enough I never thought of doing that if not anything else I was recording less time that I was doing. In fact adding extra time must be a good way for reducing the stress associated with the demands of the org.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

No, and I was a regular pioneer for almost 30 years. I was always honest in my dealings with the Watchtower.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Abandoned I bet you the IRS loves you, too honest.

Oh the irony of your statement. LOL. I wouldn't be in even a fraction of the hot water I'm in right now if I were good at lying.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

amfree, WOW, impressive

I was always honest in my dealings with the Watchtower

What a shame they cant say the same to you.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit