The arrogant skeptic thread....

by heathen 50 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

This is the place for all you arrogant skeptics to post all the things you don't believe in so you can stop harassing posters on other threads involving the paranormal, after all you are smarter than the rest of us .....................

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I believe that the Governing body are controlled by Evil Smurfs

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I believe the movement of metallic objects is the work of demonz and not magnetism! The compass needle always points to the devil.

steve

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I don't believe the hype.

I don't believe in heathens

I don't believe that the majority of them don't believe that if they believed in something more than what they believed in or less than what some others believe in that their beliefs would be more or less belevable, if not that the very foundations of their beliefs were superior to the beliefs of those held by others with contrarian beliefs.

BA- My 2 cents

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If someone proposes and idea, it is only fair that the idea be challenged and put to the test. Otherwise anyone could make up any kind of BS and start trying to convence people that it is true.

Anyone who demands his ideas be immune from challenge is a tyrant waiting to happen.

It is the responsibility of every skeptic to embarrass everyone who proposes embarrassing ideas.

• FMZ
    FMZ

*points at the thread title*

This thread is not for run of the mill "let's discuss this and possibly find an alternate explanation" skeptics. I would surmise from the title that this thread is for arrogant "haha you must be really stupid and gullible for believing in the paranormal, and there is no discussing the matter" skeptics.

*keeps on walkin*

FMZ

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

As the emperor I say that I do indeed have clothes, and I look quite dashing in them.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Is there really a person that rides around on a motorcycle with fire coming out of their body, able to ride up and down skyscraper buildings...?

Just asking

purps

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Elsewhere, I understand what you saying, but, for most here, being programmed as a JW means the very reality of ghosts and the paranormal. Maybe, it's our responsibility, as ex-JWs to help them understand that when you can't explain something doesn't mean it is a paranormal experience. However, I completely agree with you with regards to those who push Harry Potter as real.

The other thread, to which this thread is referring, shows odd anomalies only viewed through a camera's CCD with the infrared cut-out filter removed. As a professional shooter I've seen this many times, and if it isn't dust it's lens refraction or light reflection. I know this because as a gaffer, I hear the cinematographer shouting for either a flag or a wrap for his camera. But, the person who shot this is a little concerned that their could be "spirits" habituating her house. She doesn't.

So, considering that, I think people should stop with the supernatural nonsense as the first and only possible explanation.

steve

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*Well* as an arrogant "haha you must be really stupid and gullible for believing in the paranormal, and there is no discussing the matter" skeptics, I am quite offended by this thread!

Harumpf...

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit