Why must observers attend the Kingdom Halls for the Memorial?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restrangled
    restrangled
    looks like it is all about the numbers.

The WTS has really been successful in creating in the minds of its followers the notion that "faith" and "spirituality" and "obedience" can be measured in numbers.

The really humble and devout people of the world that are involved in charitable work, don't bring unneccesary attention to themselves. They contribute money anonymously, they help others without making a big deal about it. It is their way of life. The way they live their life is an example to the world. Mother Teresa didn't count time.

WTS is all about "Hey look at us and all the great things we do and all the time we spend in service and its all about us, us, us. and its documented so we can show how many billions of pounds of paper we waste and blah, blah, blah."

Its pathetic. They use the memorial as an excuse to publish an inflated number of people who are supposedly interested. How about taking the number in attendence a week after the memorial. That would be an interesting number.

r's hubby

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Thanks Blondie!

Those "other sheep," who are not of the same "fold" as the "little flock," attended the Memorial as observers, not as partakers.—John 10:16; Luke 12:32.—See TheWatchtower as of March 1, 1938, page 75, paragraphs 50-52.

John:10;16 reads :

16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

We know that the WTS twists John 10;16 in their favor.This whole scripture is what gives them their power.The ''other sheep'' Jesus was talking about were the Gentiles who would be preached to after his death.The Gentiles were not to join the fold until Saul preached to them .

• minimus
    minimus

It's like being invited to a yearly function.They bring out food and alcohol. Everyone gets dressed up and food is passed right before your eyes with wine along with it! But you can't eat anything or drink anything. You can't do anything but watch the food and drink on a table. And then to add insult to injury, they want you to get real close to the food and drink, even touch it----but that's it! Very, very weird.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am a fader. I get nauseous when I attend any meeting there and it is getting harder and harder to set foot in the place. The memorial has always bothered me. This year, I have half a mind not to attend this charade. I also feel it is bunkum to have observers. I do feel it is all about publicity, show, lording it over the gullible R&F and an opportunity to get people to put money in the box.

LHG

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Good thread but a better question is

Why are there any observers?

John 6:53-56 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

All should partake according to Christ who started the Memorial

• choosing life
    choosing life

Good observation. Jesus did not have onlookers, did he? The first memorial I attended really bothered me on a gut level. I was used to partaking at another church and the denial of the emblems to everyone seemed so strange. Just one of the times that I didn't listen to that little voice inside me that told me something wasn't right in jw land. There were many to follow, until I finally listened.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

would be a boring meeting without them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit