Flirted for awhile..making it official today!

by uuus2b1 51 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum uuus and we look forward to hearing more about your stories with the JWs.

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

RE: Isn't it a great feeling when the heavy mental load of the WTS is lifted off?

Sure is...looking foward to being here and sharing my experience with everyone!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's precisely the idea, expressing those emotions helps release the tension that is associated with them. Everyone would love to hear your experiences with the JWs and you seem to have a long history with them.

• RAF
    RAF

Welcome !!!

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

Re: That's precisely the idea, expressing those emotions helps release the tension that is associated with them. Everyone would love to hear your experiences with the JWs and you seem to have a long history with them. ...my time out of the org gave me some doubts, especially when it came to experiences I had with in dealing with individual personalities, (elders, POs etc) but not enough to make me doubt that it was "god's organization". My roots were deep...I was one of the most well known brothers in the islands. I gave talks in all the islands, St. Thomas, St. Croix, British Virgin islands... even at conventions in Puerto Rico where it seemed as if every other person you met were JWs. I could even make a baptismal talk fun to listen to! Everyone looked foward to hearing my talks because most talks at the time were so boring...(Please do not think I am just braggin here, this is the truth) ... I interjected jokes and anecdotes and experiences that always made people think and or have them in stiches.Whenever the brothers knew that I was scheduled to give a talk they would be sure to bring their bible studies to the hall. I did that for years until I had to step down because of "family issues". I stumbled on this site because I thought I could google what was New with Jehovah's Witnesses since I didn't attend meetings anymore. I felt guilty at first when browsing this site... but then I happened to read one brother's experience which could have been written by me...seriously it was my life in another person's body. The rest as they say is history.. I was hooked. The things I discovered made me feel as if the proverbial wool has been pulled from my eyes...literally. I still don't understand why I was so staunch in the things that I believed and the things I was instructed to teach the humble brothers and sisters. My mom (regular Pioneer) and Brother (elder of course) do not know that I am disfellowshiped (They live in St. Lucia, an island in the eastern caribbean chain)...I have not summoned the strenght to tell them yet , especially my mom. With the help of this forum though I think I will gain the strenght I need to let them know without the guilty feelings, ...not yet though...

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome. Look forward to hearing a lot more from you.

Peace

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings uuus2b1,

Welcome to JWD. Kudos to you for living in the Islands. Some of the most beautiful places I've ever been. St Martin, St Thomas, St John. Stunning! I remember thinking that if JW's want a "taste" of "paradise" they need to visit the Islands.

Dismembered

• jaguarbass
  • uwishufish
    uwishufish

Welcome

Which Island are you from? I was on St Thomas for the better part of Dec. Was looking to relocate possibly but decided against it. Got to know St Thomas fairly well. Only spent one day on St John not my cup of tea.

We would like to hear about what the congos are like in the VI.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"I was one of the most well known brothers in the islands. I gave talks in all the islands, St. Thomas, St. Croix, British Virgin islands... even at conventions in Puerto Rico where it seemed as if every other person you met were JWs. I could even make a baptismal talk fun to listen to! Everyone looked foward to hearing my talks because most talks at the time were so boring...(Please do not think I am just braggin here, this is the truth) ... I interjected jokes and anecdotes and experiences that always made people think and or have them in stiches.Whenever the brothers knew that I was scheduled to give a talk they would be sure to bring their bible studies to the hall."

Welcome uuus2b1. Glad to make your acquaintence.

Have you ever posted here under another name ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit