Flirted for awhile..making it official today!

by uuus2b1 51 Replies latest jw friends

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

RE: Which Island are you from? I was on St Thomas for the better part of Dec. Was looking to relocate possibly but decided against it. Got to know St Thomas fairly well. Only spent one day on St John not my cup of tea.

We would like to hear about what the congos are like in the VI.

I live on the smallest of the Virgin Islands...St. John. 28 Sq miles. Just one congregation about 30 pubs. I work at a well known resort...work with JWs everyday (www.caneelbay.com) Not easy to get away from the evil eyes or turned up noses of some of the long timers because the island is so small.

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

re: Have you ever posted here under another name ?

Never posted here before..true first timer...would love to meet any other VI or Caribbean Member.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

One of my favorite places to eat was Wyndam Sugar Bay. The the place I stayed was on Crown Mtn. Great view.

Do the other dubs you work with shun you?

There is a great deal of opportunity in the USVI. The USVI gives many benifits to those who start their own businesses." Economic Development Program" you can get a packet that describes all the benifits. The tele # is 774-8104

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

Re:

One of my favorite places to eat was Wyndam Sugar Bay. The the place I stayed was on Crown Mtn. Great view. Do the other dubs you work with shun you?There is a great deal of opportunity in the USVI. The USVI gives many benifits to those who start their own businesses." Economic Development Program" you can get a packet that describes all the benifits.

Never actually been to Sugar Bay, I know the controller there...used to be my boss at Caneel Bay.

The other dubs? (not sure exactly what that term means)...very funny actually...I stopped going to meetings for at least 4years...even then ....all the the JWs, young and old at the job or otherwise, spoke and joked with me as if everything was ok. Then a few months ago a very large elder (about 300lbs) showed at my door around 8am and told me that the 'since I had not responded to the brothers invitation to meet at the KH, that they mad the decision to DF me. All of a sudden it was as if they had all recieved the memo...no one spoke to me. I assumed then that an annoucement had been made from the stage. I remember one sister turning up her nose and shaking her head from side to side as she saw me approaching her.. as if to say "look what he has come to!" I had a hard time dealing with that, until I started understanding (through this forum) that this was not normal behavior

BTW...Thanks for the infor on EDP...I have started my own business but actually never knew about this. I will definitely look into it.

Thank you. Thank you.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Welcome to the board.-----Dave

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

uuus,

Welcome! It would be kind of like coming into the Kingdom Hall for the first time except that when you first go to the KH nobody knows a thing about you or where you are coming from. They pretend to love you and care about you until and unless you show them that you aren't going to become one of them.

In this case, whether or not you agree or disagree with me you and have kinship in what we've been through. That is the downside for the organization in having a "unified indoctrination," there is solidarity among the victims.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

RE:In this case, whether or not you agree or disagree with me you and have kinship in what we've been through.

Definitely a first for me, but truly refreshing. Glad to be here.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm gonna take a stab at this...is your name just an abbreviation of "You Used To Be One?"

If you have any stories, knock yourself out. I love a good tale.

I understand where you're coming from on giving interesting talks. I don't really go out of my way, but I always put something different or interesting with them, and as a result, I get plenty of compliments.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is one addiction I can congratulate a fella for. Welcome and hurray!

• uuus2b1
    uuus2b1

RE: I'm gonna take a stab at this...is your name just an abbreviation of "You Used To Be One?"

Yep...you are probably good at reading licence plates!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit