Jesus' Tomb... Has it been found?

by Elsewhere 58 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

Cameron is the antichrist .....remember the antichrist will perform miracles

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

The DNA testing should be able to demonstrate which individuals were the children of which adults....I'd venture they were able to show that the individuals named Jesus and Mary were the biological parents of some other individuals. Jesus, Mary, and Judah were such common names though that I'm not really impressed.

Now if this show also has info wherein the DNA in the James Ossuary was also tested and found to have kinship with the ossuaries at Talpiyot, that would be very interesting. Assuming that ossuary actually contained the remains of James the Just.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How did they determine if one of these bodies was that of the Christ?

The diaper wearing Astronaut, Lisa Nowak, took a rocket ship up to Jehovah's Throne and jammed a needle in Jehovah's ass to collect the DNA. It will be determined on the Maury Povich Show if Jehovah is the real father.

Hey, it could happen...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    It will be determined on the Maury Povich Show if Jehovah is the real father.

Hey, it could happen...

Actually, I think that Jerry Springer is the more proper venue.

• Mary
    Mary
    Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua. Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

Uh, ya right. If I found a 2,000 year old tomb in Israel, with the names Joseph, Mary and Jesus' names on it, I'd never link it with the biblical characters, especially if I were a (supposed) expert in biblical archaeology. There's something not quite right here. Any reputable archaeologist, especially one who deals with ancient artifacts, generally has enough knowledge of ancient Greek, Latin or Hebrew to decipher the writings. And if they can't, they get someone in who can. I find it extremely difficult to believe that this took 20 years to do.

I watched The Exodus Decoded, also done by James Cameron. While I felt that some aspects of their findings were credible, other parts of it were really stretching, other parts were just pulled out of thin air, in order to 'prove' their point. It should be interesting to see what comes of this 'find'.

• anewme
    anewme

Ya know, it doesnt matter if it is true or false. Enough people are like sponges ready to believe any printed crap in any newspaper, journal or sleazy magazine that supports their beliefs.
    Whether this turns out to be true or not, already there are zealous converts to the idea.

Religious leaders, and movie producers such as this, and advertisers, and editors of magazines, marketers all know how gullible the average person is out there.

Daily we are being educated how much money and fame and attention one can make quickly by some kind of sensational statement or action! For many, truth is not the goal, it is the money and fame that make it worth the while.

I no longer care whether Jesus was married or not, nor whether he ever really existed or not.

Anewme

• startingover
    startingover

And if there was proof positive that these claims are true and Jesus was never resurrected and was married, I dare say it wouldn't cause most believers one bit of doubt. It would be just like showing a JW proof that their religion a sham. All evidence just gets ignored because they just have to believe.

Cameron=Anticrhist Really?

Jayhawk1, now that's funny!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I just set this up to record.

For Canadians, it airs on Vision TV March 6th, 2007 at 8 pm ET.

Kwin

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

what kind of stink would be going on if they were doing a show on mohammed instead of jesus?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

This happens every few years. Some "biblical archaeologists" find something which allegedly either confirms or disproves some part of the Bible (especially the life of Jesus) and it's a big deal for a while. Then it turns out to be a hoax or an uninteresting minor coincidence, and everyone forgets about it until the next one comes along. It's just a fairy-tale, people, but as long as you keep believing in it there'll be shysters around vying for your money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit