Jesus' Tomb... Has it been found?

by Elsewhere 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Some people will do anything to push their latest schlock movie

S

• choosing life
    choosing life

No one has Jesus' DNA. That just doesn't pass the test of reason. I would probably watch, but it sounds pretty far fetched to me.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I don't understand how Hollywood producers and celebrities suddenly believe they are experts in many fields just because they produced or starred in a movie about that field. So strange. It's like Tom Cruise claiming to know all about Psychology. Did he even finish high school?

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I have heard from a reliable source that the actress Audrey Tautou is an actual descendant of Jesus : )

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Getting a DNA sample is easy; transubstansiation; bread and wine -> flesh and blood.

• Undecided
    Undecided

What would be easier to believe, that someone came back to life and went up in the sky or that they were burried and was in a tomb somewhere? I guess it depends on how you were indoctrinated as a child.

Ken P.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    How'd they get a sample of Jesus' DNA?

Yeah that's the first thing I wondered, along with how do they have any clue whatsoever that this is Jesus?

How do they know this isn't some spare Jewish guy who died 2,000 years ago?

Is this the same Professor that got trapped on the island with Gilligan?

• needproof
    needproof

jumping on the Da Vinci bandwagon

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i feel it is funny that some people think that the "corner stone" of xianity is the ressurection of jesus. when in reality, original sin and the need for a savior is where it begins.

if one has good reason to doubt that they are genetically related to two humans (adam and eve) about 6000 years ago, and not to any of the other humans that were alive at the time, then i would venture that "original sin" (and the subsequent need for a savior) is unrequired. therefore it would follow that it doesn't matter if jesus existed, or if he was even close to the person mainstream xians say he was. whether he lived and died and was or was not resurected is sort of beside the point.

tetra

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    How'd they get a sample of Jesus' DNA?

I suspect they did a few different tests:

1. Checked the Mitochondrial DNA in all of the bodies in the tomb to determine approximately how many generations had passed since they were buried. This, in addition to Carbon Dating, will give an estimate for how long ago they lived.
    2. Did a DNA test on all of the bodies in the tomb to determine they were all close or immediate family.

I'm certain there are several other tests they can do that I'm not aware of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit