Withholding sex in a relationship or marriage

by free2beme 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

How far is suffolk anyway?

LOL!

• Balsam
    Balsam

When my ex-husband started cheating on my about 7 years into our marriage, he told the sister (my best friend) we hardly ever had sex. Well the truth of the matter we had sex not less than 3 times a week and that was 7 years into the marriage. He was just bored and looking for something new he later admitted to me. She was the first of several affairs he had.

I think boredom is the cause of infidelity more than lack of sex is. Though I know of some women who just don't enjoy sex, most say their mates are just not good at getting them in the mood or satisfying them. So that is what women friends have told me.

Sex is certainly hormone driven and the spreading of one seed is important it seems. Women cheat for much the same reason today.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

How far is suffolk anyway?

LOL!

LOL oh about 62.63 miles LMAO... :-)

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

RR,im not sure.think its between fave and seaven....

• Xena
    Xena

Some women withhold sex because they feel it is the only power they have in the relationship...some women appear to withhold sex when in reality they are tired, stressed or feeling insecure about themselves.

I think in a good relationship with both partners communicating sex will continue to be something both enjoy and want to share.

• lesterd
    lesterd

The marriage is on the down hill slide the first time its withheld.

My first marriage wa a 35 year honeymoon, end in her death by cancer, there would have been rooms of jars filled with pennies,

Keep up the love

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    The marriage is on the down hill slide the first time its withheld.

Hell yeah. I once had sex withheld from me for an entire pregnancy.

Sometimes, sex is withheld when a relationship is over without it officially being over.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So, do you think withholding sex out of a relationship is something that will lead to the end of the relationship? or just something you have to accept?

I think witholding sex would lead to the end of the relationship.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

So, do you think withholding sex out of a relationship is something that will lead to the end of the relationship? or just something you have to accept?

I think it definitely CAN be the start of the end of any relationship. Sex within a relationship (not casual sex) is most often a way of communicating to the other person the bond we share and the intimacy/desire we have for one another in the relationship. Withholding sex tells the other person that you are not interested in them so it's reasonable that people start to believe after a while of being denied this intimacy, that they are no longer loved......simply because many people in a relationship equate love with sex.

I find the biggest factor to be lack of honest communication rather than the withholding of sex itself. If one person is going for months without sex because the other isn't interested, then it's up to both of them to find out why and fix the problem. That however, should only be necessary if it actually bothers one, because some people can adjust to less or more sex easier than others. The problem is that most people aren't honest with the mate because to do so, might dredge up other issues. Honesty can be seen as being shallow or selfish. For example - how many men are turned off by a wife who has gained weight? How many women are turned off by a lazy slob of a husband who doesn't brush his teeth or shower? A lot. Sometimes these things can be overlooked but sometimes the lack of physical attraction can lie simmering under the surface while we use excuses like being too tired. After all is said and done, if all avenues have been exhausted and it boils down to sexual incompatibility with no desire to change, then one must make a choice as to wether or not they wish to remain in the arrangement.

I do believe though that once sexual activity ceases, it often leads to a loss of other intimacies and a great loss of communication. Then again, there are some men and women who are just selfish jerks who believe in their own right to sexual gratification at any cost. sammieswife.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Very well said Sammilee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit