For those who were raised in "the truth"

by Hangin_on 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• tan
    tan

I guess I never really thought about it that much until my mid-twenties or until other jw's pounded it into my head. Did think about it one time when I was buzzing - there was a thunder storm, lightning and I thought that while in my paranoid state the end of the world was coming. Now I accept it if it does. Live as well as I can now.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I guess I was one of those haughty, ignorant, no it all who never doubted I would make it to paradise.

My biggest fear is that I would break under persucution, so I would work out and run long distances so that I could built up my stength to withstand pain.

Now that I think about it, it pretty sad that a pre teen would be pre occupied with beening tortured to death.

• PEC
    PEC

I was never good enough, I knew that I wouldn't make it through Armageddon. I also knew, that almost everyone else at the KH, was no better than me and wouldn't make it either. I never bothered getting baptized; because, I couldn't live up the JW requirements. I was constantly being told that I was, fat, ugly, repulsive and I was not worth being loved. I believed it all until about age 16 when I found out that it was all a lie. I can not remember one time in my childhood when I was told "I love you".

Philip

• mia_b
    mia_b

I never felt i could do enough but it wasn't a guild trip from my parents - it was mostly the borg and my own head

• misocup
    misocup
    I can not remember one time in my childhood when I was told "I love you".

Same here but I always atributed it to the "Victorian" era of stoicism and religious rigidity. In order to compensate I tell my kids I love them every time we talk on the phone or say goodbye.

• misocup
    misocup
    Now that I think about it, it pretty sad that a pre teen would be pre occupied with beening tortured to death.

It's things like this, that I haven't thought about for years, as I look back it's all so shocking!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit