CAN YOU IDENTIFY YOUR EMOTIONS accurately???

by Terry 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• Terry
    Terry
    But if the person does not consciously recognise something to be false, because they were raised on it, taught it as Absolute Truth it can happen the other way round. It can happen, that, they are emotionally uncomfortable with what has been INDOCTRINATED into them. Young minds that are poisoned with a belief system that requires obedience at any cost, dont necessarily question the belief system first. They are severely discouraged from going to other places for information and fear can keep them in that place. I grew up 'fearing' looking at apostate material or reasonings, 'fearing' taking a life saving blood transfusion etc. I believed those teachings to be true with my whole heart and mind. It had successfully been poisoned; I didnt need to look anywhere else, I already had the best. I have heard JWs say 'Why eat hamburgers, when you already have steak'.

We are tuned as Earth creatures to the reality of Earth. This despite anything we are merely told, taught, assured, asserted or indoctrinated with. Reality seeps into our skin and works its way wormlike into our interior where it nests and blossoms with fruit. We are creatures of skin and touch and we scent out the aroma of what really IS. Conflict is the thistle we bear when we tread upon the lies.

My whole point is that we can be fooled in our consciousness, certainly. But, as a bird's wings are made to fly; we long for the roar of the wind as well-- inasmuch as the evolution of our success is rooted in reality. We sense the contradiction. We feel the friction of the lie.

Life is for living. We see the happiness in others as they celebrate life on birthdays, Christmas, Easter and a hundred other ways. Yet, comes the voice of an elder or an anointed potentate telling us to turn our joy away. Turn off our light and wait for a hundred tomorrows and something will drop in our hand. Some part of us vibrates in resonance to the real life we must avoid and the emotion we feel is not what we're told it is supposed to be.

Put rollerskates on a penguin and teach him to skate for fish--but--he is made for icy climes and remote outposts through and through.

We humans are built for the real life, the real world and the ecstacy of living it well.

Only the fire of desperate passion can warm our blood to the fever of true life.

• Terry
    Terry
    fear is an emotion. animals experience fear, and no doubt "fear" is vestigial from our animal past. how is it that an animal has a "value" psychologically, that in turn produces fear?

Life is a value. When we choose not to die as animal or man it is the greatest value which informs our fight or our flight.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Terry,

I think you are slowly going off the deep end.

Warlock

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Life is a value. When we choose not to die as animal or man it is the greatest value which informs our fight or our flight.

hmm. interesting. i understand my desire to agree with your statement: "life is a value", because i know life to be valuable. but if life is a value, then it is one of only two. existence or non existence. if life is a value of 1, then non life is a value of 0. doesn't retain the shade of dimension that the word "value" imbews it with, does it?

computo ergo sum (i guess)

tetra

• Terry
    Terry

I think you are slowly going off the deep end.

Warlock

I am a denizen of the deep!

• 5go
    5go

The only cure for outright stupidity and hypocracy is an active and rational mind willing to go outside the comfort zone!

JW's as a group are intellectually dishonest, consciously confused and emotionally warped.

Well I am there if you read my story you know what I am talking about. Talking about outside my comfort zone it took me awhile to stop blushing after writing it. It felt good afterward tough.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Can we shorten that and start referring to you as Dennis of the Deep...........................it has such a cartoon like super hero ring to it

I am in pain you know....................

• Terry
    Terry
    hmm. interesting. i understand my desire to agree with your statement: "life is a value", because i know life to be valuable. but if life is a value, then it is one of only two. existence or non existence. if life is a value of 1, then non life is a value of 0. doesn't retain the shade of dimension that the word "value" imbews it with, does it?

There is actually an infinite palette of color which informs the panorama of life in animal and man. Personality, passion, vigor and volition make the opportunity of life something enormously promising.

If life were only 1 or 0 it would hardly be worth the effort.

We all have the same 24 hours in our day. It is ours to waste or fashion wonders. We soar or sink out of sight. Enthusiasm for life is a starvation that cannot be slaked. There are those who live life to the fullest while others languish under a bridge in a stupor. Astronauts and assholes. Skydivers and chimney sweeps. The scale in vast.

Don't sell yourself short on how tremendous life is for those who seize it with the gusto it deserves.

• Terry
    Terry
    Denis of the Deep

Looks too much like Penis of the Deep. I think you need another "n"!

• fifi40
    fifi40

Its the pain..........I can hardly tpye srtaihgt and I am not even going to comment on the rest of your reply.......................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit