Were you a loud singer?

by HockeyMullet 28 Replies latest jw friends

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

I don't know why, but I was just thinking of this guy in my hall that sang so loud that it was embarassing to just be there. He sounded like the love child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. I remember trying to mimick his voice during one song and getting counseled by one of the bros because I had a few of younger guys laughing.

I mostly just mouthed the words. How about you?

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

We were told that if we could hear the person next to you, you weren't singing loud enough. I think it depended on the cong and the song.

• Faded-out
    Faded-out

That's funny, I was just thinking abou this yesterday.

I used to "lip-sync" myself or sometimes even stood silent. Especially during my fade, since I didn't want to be there anyways.

I remember as a teen, though my friends and I used to to try and out sing each other, especially at assemblies.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I wasn't....but my former sister in law was VERY LOUD! She sang it like she was the star in an opera! All of the "older ones" in the hall would complement her, so she was real proud. It made me laugh on many occasions, because she thought she was the shiznit.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No but my grandma on my mother's side was and she screeched like an allycat in heat...no lie. Standing next to her while she sang was awful and funny at the same time.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I remember the last memorial I went to was with a co-worker who was raised in the truth, at that time I was still feeling a little guilty about not going to the meetings so I went. During the songs he'd substitute "Jehovah" with "Santa Claus", I couldn't stop laughing and ended up doing it myself.

Bow down to Santa Claus!

That was the last meeting I went to.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

oops double post.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

No just a lousey singer.

abr

• needproof
    needproof

A quiet mumbeller was I