Was There A Time While U Were A Witness That You Were "Looked Down" Upon?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you ever sense that your own brothers and sisters looked down upon you?

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I think it was 2 memorials ago when I went, and I visited an old congregation of mine, and this one sister went so far so as to look down her nose in my direction (which she could since she is a foot taller - I'm 5'0) THEN turned her nose up in the air, did not look me in the face, and walked away. I kid you not, she did just that.

many others were alot kinder and nicer just to see me there, but that one sister stood out in my mind.

Some looked down on me when i started to go to less and less meetings, only a few would speak to me, the others were obviously of such high caliber spirituality that they wouldnt think of tarnishing themselves by saying hello to me. lol

were you looked down apon, minimus?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure, I was looked down upon. It bothered me at first, but as I got to know the JWs better on a personal level I stopped caring. By their actions, most of them had proven themselves incapable of ever earning my respect. Who cares what shit thinks?

W

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

Yep. Damn I should've came to my senses at this point, but I'm just as dumb as I look I guess. I was 19, and It was a couple months after I started studying and showing interest at going out in service. I was regular at meeting also. Well, I had a moment of weakness and went out drinking with some old buddies and get into a fight at the bar. The next meeting I come in with a black eye and some battle wounds, and immediately get counseled by my study conductor and elders. They tell me basically that I'm a dirtball and to not talk to any of the younger sisters "the PO's daughters" because I'm still part of the world. All the young "brothers" in the hall then ignored me for a few weeks until I showed that I could be "trusted". Funny thing is that a couple years back one of these a-holes did a line of coke in front of me, and a couple of the others "turned apostate."

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Most of the time, by many, but not all of the witnesses. There was very few that comprised my close circle of "friends."

• minimus
    minimus

The one and only time I was looked down upon was when I recently saw a JW family that saw me and treated me as if I were df'd. I thought it was amusing.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

All the time. I never took meeting attendance seriously enough for them. Growing up with church being once a week to the kh 3 days out of my week was just insane.

• JH
    JH
    Did you ever sense that your own brothers and sisters looked down upon you?

At first No, because I went to every meeting, and I was going up the ladder at a good pace. Then I stopped making progress......so they were wondering Then I went backwards and started missing meetings.....then i could tell on their face that they weren't satisfied with me......so looked down upon, although I was still going to meetings and making an effort to go once in a while. Then I became inactive......and I wans't part of the bunch anymore....looked down upon Then they didnt see me anymore Then I came back...............and they were happy to see me, but it wasn't the same anymore.....looked down upon Then I left again...............so most of them don't even talk to me if they see me......looked down upon

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I was told by my own BOE when I was an elder that I was too zealous, too many shepherding calls, I thought it strange.

abr

• minimus
    minimus

ABR, you were too good ! Made the others look bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit