Was There A Time While U Were A Witness That You Were "Looked Down" Upon?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The one and only time I was looked down upon was when I recently saw a JW family that saw me and treated me as if I were df'd. I thought it was amusing.

Awww, Mini. It's good to know we're healed, eh?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Yeah when I was reinstated, a lot of the JWs treated me differently than before I was disfellowshipped. I was 'marked' forever I guess.

We had one family of pioneers whose children all lived at home until they were forty-something, except the oldest son who went to Bethel, none of them dated or married except I think the 2 sons did when they were almost 50. Anyway, the mom went ballistic when the sons got married and I think 1 son had a baby OMG which made it even worse. Anyway, they were the most sickening holier-than-thou JWs I knew. It was very weird how they were so against marriage & having babies in this 'system of things', yet they were the first ones to volunteer & bring food to weddings & baby showers, they were a very strange family.

• minimus
    minimus

Frannie, It IS good that we know these person's attitudes mean zilch!

• blondie
    blondie

There is always some pecking order at the KH and it depended on what congregation you were in. There were even pecking orders for congregations in the circuit. There is always someone else you can look down upon except for some poor df'd woman with small children.

Blondie

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

In our old hall there is one large family that pretty much rules the roost . The Parents are in their 70's now and their kids are all now Elders and pioneers and MS. Out of seven kids there are still five w/ mates and gaggles of grandchildren attending . When the Matriarch of the family speaks THEY ALL listen ....When she has it in for you watch out your done , it is truly like the Mafia . Last memorial we attended after being absent from meetings for two months .GUESS who we had to sit right next to ! The chill from big Momma sends shivers down my spine right now as I think back on it . She gave us an evil eye glance over then turned her head in distain with an audible "Humphhh.... well I never ". I just laughed and smiled real big at her "Love right back at you babe "

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding "MARKING", what a tool, huh.? It's a sanctioned "diss" so that you can feel good about treating a "brother" cooly. Christian love at its best!

• Faded-out
    Faded-out

After I was re-instated I was told by an elder that "No one has to ever forgive you for what you did, or associate with you"

That was pretty much the end of it for me.

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

My time with JWs was such a complicated bizzaro world that there are way too many instances of being looked down upon to recount all the times they did it, but I can tell you when it did start was when my only JW friend from another congregation got disfellowshipped and then committed suicide. Being her friend made me somehow an untouchable and most of them wouldn't talk to me (they would talk about me, but not to me directly). Also, it didn't help to be single, 19 with no family in the religion, thus I made myself available to be their perfect pick-on target. Things got worse after I started to miss meetings and one day showed up with a super short hairstyle and started to wear black and thus I became their all-time favorite pariah. Ah, the memories!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

All throughout the years I was looked down upon by some people there. It probably happened very early on. I could never do it "all" and I was also a single woman who wouldn't do any favors for the "users" that are there. So, of course, they had no use for me. They have no use for anybody they can't take advantage of.

Even though I am inactive, I occasionally encounter dubs here and there. I just act normal as if they were a neighbor on my block. Most of the ones who were friendly when I was there will say "hello". The ones who were never friendly will never just come up and say "hello". These I won't go out of my way for either. Who cares.

LHG

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Not by J-Dubs, but by a number of Ex-Dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit