16 children!!! I'm fascinated!

by winnie 50 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

I have been following the story on the Duggar family ever since I saw it when they were having their 15th child. We get it on pay TV here. Anyone else as interested as I am?

I have 5 kids, and it's a handful with them everyday, let alone 16, and maybe having more!!!

And they are home schooled...so no break for mum and dad!

I do think it's a little unfair on the kids though as it seems they have too many responsibilities for their age.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for chores but I don't think it's right for children to be doing things like laundry and looking after little ones constantly. It makes them grow up too fast.

But they seem happy enough...

I only wish my kids could be as tidy as theirs...sigh!

• kifoy
    kifoy

Link or something?

Got the wrong pay TV here on the other side of the earth, I guess :-)

kifoy

• BrentR
    BrentR

I saw that program a couple years ago and I believe she had another one within the last year. That family is just a wee bit strange and have formed thier own church with one other family. The girls all have to wear dresses with really big white collars all the time.

I am waiting for her insurance company to total her uterus any day now.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Yes I saw that show too. They did have another baby. And built a huge house too I think.

Does anybody know what religion they are?

• winnie
    winnie

Google Duggars and their website will come up.

Check out their favourite website links and have a look at the wholesome swimwear site! To each their own I guess!!!

They have the fish symbol on their website...so I'm guessing they are Born Agains?

I watched the latest show last night. 10 Boys and 7 girls, and no plans to stop!

And the big house they built...7000sqm...they own it outright. Must be profitable to have interviews every week...your own programs... although I did notice while they were fitting out the house with appliances, furniture, plants etc that they zoomed in on the brands eg fridgidaire. Makes me wonder if they got it all for free if they advertised it on their shows.

I wonder if that would work for me...

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The website I found is http://www.duggarfamily.com/links.php. It appears that they are interdenominational Evangelical Christians, based on the religious links I saw there.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I am waiting for her insurance company to total her uterus any day now.

LMAO!!!!!

• winnie
    winnie

http://www.untitledlife.com/2005/10/19/meet-the-duggars/

This has some very strong opinions of the family if you read the responses.

And I have to agree with some of them. Especially the 'buddy' system they have outlined. If you cannot bring up your children without assigning them a 'buddy' in the form of an older bro or sis, who, in all respects, 'raises them', then I think it may be time to STOP having kids. Just my opinion.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    10 Boys and 7 girls, and no plans to stop!

Wait a minute....17 now???

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damn...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit