Ran into a JW and DFed, DAed, or faded?

by pierogi 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• pierogi
    pierogi

OnTheWayOut,

Yeah, good thing you didn't get those ones (unless she didn't know what the books were about). You never know if they would tell the elders. I couldn't see someone being that nosey and annoying. Gossip is what would spread the news probably.

Isaac,

Yeah, when I run into a JW, I am too nice. I sort of want to run into one again too so I can have a second chance. When I ran into the woman at the grocery store, she only asked how my brother was. Next time if someone asks me that I'll say, "Actually, my whole family is doing great. Thanks for asking." (If you don't know it's b/c my parents aren't JWs anymore) I mean, didn't she realize that it was an insult? It made me feel like they just pretend they don't exist anymore.

Also, I think that this would be fun to do if anyone wants to. If you run into a JW who confronts you, you could look really confused and say, "Sorry, I don't know who you are. I was in an accident a while back. There was memory loss and I'm still in the process of recovering. How did I know you?" But I mean you would have to do a really good acting job. I don't think I could do it with a straight face. It would be fun to do though.

• pierogi
    pierogi
    I couldn't see someone being that nosey and annoying. Gossip is what would spread the news probably.

Lol. Ok, this what I said. I just thought it was funny b/c I said I couldn't see someone being that nosey and annoying, then I go on to say that gossip would probably do it. Gossip is VERY nosey and annoying! But I still have to admit that taking the time to talk to an elder from a congregation she doesn't go to just to tell them about the books is a much losery thing to do.

I could swear that a librarian at the college I attended was a JW. Just the way she looked, I can't explain it. And on the magazine bookshelf there was a label for the WT and Awake. I didn't want to ask her because she would ask what congregation I was from and then pretty soon I'd have a new JW friend at school, yay! I would have to have small talk with her every time I went in there.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I run into witnesses all the time.

I've modified my appearance so much that usually it takes them a second to recognize me, but when they do, boy do I get the evil stare. It usually puts a smile on my face, knowing that I've blown somebody else's mind, but yesterday, I was walking into WalMart, and I saw a brother who's son I was friends with. He stared at me for a solid 5 seconds, like I was standing there naked. Then he just walked away. I felt kind of pissed off, but I can't understand why...

• Threestars
    Threestars

Isaac, that was hilarious. Thank you. Yeah, that ignoring thing is so irritating. I moved back with my parents after my marriage broke up and I was lucky that they were willing to help me and not pressure me too much, but, the Dubs when they would come around gave me the invisibility treatment. When my Father died I was actually his hospice care-giver and called the PO to come for a final visit when the time was nigh. The morning he died, I was sitting at my Mom's kitchen table, in shock and totally exhausted, and several dubs came by. Not one of them even looked at me or offered their condolences, even though a couple of them sadly looked as if they wanted to but were too afraid. At his memorial service, an older woman hugged me and told me she was sorry and I will always think of her as a brave soul. One young man snuck a pat on my back but looked around in fear--to make sure he hadn't been seen. This religion is so twisted.

• Marcel
    Marcel

Quote:
    I am definetly a fader. But I have managed to fade very safely into a zone where I still associate with all my family. I don't share my views with anyone but my wordly husband and noone asks. Mostly everyone I know in the small town who are witnesses are very nice to me, as I was always well received in the congergation. However there are a few elders and distant cousins who are a little to righteous to make eye contact with me. I dont mind to much. Sometimes I'm in the mood to be extra sweet to them so they have to feel guilty for being rude to me. I do occasionaly get asked by some older sisters if I am ever coming back to meetings I just smile and say maybe. It just seems easier.

===================== (how can i make these nice quotations all of you do?)

hi twinkle toes!

seriously: i would give my left arm to let my wife being like you ;( im a fader myself (in the first stages. im still active in many ways... but with no fun and always just the minimum effort), but my girl just doesnt understand what i am saying. at the beginning she almost was angered to the extreme when i said bad things about the society shouting at me (and me shouting back then). its been better currently. we dont fight about it anymore and besides the religion topic everythings is fine. she got lazy going to service and things because i dont pull her anymore. but she is still a 100% believer. its like society == god. there is no room for any doubt that the society MAY not be what it says about itself. she doesnt even think about it. when i say something critical about the society she goes like: "dont you think it hurts jehovah that you dont love him anymore?"? and that she isnt the one to talk about those things because there are the elders. she doesnt understand why i dont want to speak to the elders about that topic. and if i dont im guilty for my own problems she says. speaking to the elders implies that i want to be "cured" of my thoughts. i would like a openminded discussion without any threats. not a lesson in faith and punishment if i dont pass the test...

im 25, raised in the faith and my whole family is in the truth (except some relatives far away). my mother would cry cry cry if she knows my thoughts. its so hard.

marcel

• Rooster
    Rooster

My wife was in the grocery store two weeks ago and ran into the P.O.’s wife. It went like this Wife say’s hello. P.O.’s wife say hello. My wife says how have you been? P.O.’s turns her head and pushes her cart away with no answer.

This was great for the wife. If she was even thinking of returning this woman’s conduct put a stop to it.. "Praise Jah you people."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs are like insects. Sometimes I notice them, mostly I don't. Every so often I notice the occasional JW glaring at me from a distance if I'm in a mall, but I don't care. None of them were my friends when I was in the cult, and we have even less in common now. There's no reason for any of us to say hello to each other.

W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    JWs are like insects.

I see them all the time in the Mexican neighborhoods. I see them often in the other neighborhoods.
    They are still faithfully serving Jehovah selling literature for the Governing Body here.

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Funny you should mention that they are like insects. I wrote a short story a while back that literally made the same comparison. It was the first real writing I had done in years. I pretty much gave it up while I was in the cult. I like darker themes, which aren't PC enough for the WT. I've spent years trying to get back my old zest for writing.

I wanted to submit it for publication, but I haven't found anyplace that deals with stories like that. I hadn't realized that the short fiction market had changed so drastically over the years. The stories about a guy who's clearly insane that encounters proselytizing insect-men at his door. He doesn't know if they're real or not. I have no idea if I'd still find it any good if I read it again.

It's a tad weird and a lot on the symbolic side. Cause I'm a nerd and all ya know. Heh heh.

IsaacJ

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    im 25, raised in the faith and my whole family is in the truth (except some relatives far away). my mother would cry cry cry if she knows my thoughts. its so hard.

Marcel,

My mom is the same way. I am sure she cries any way because I know she has suspicions about me. It is hard. It is nice to know your not alone; dont you think?

p.s. use the little quote bubble at the top right of the reply box next to the smiley face and then copy and paste quote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit