The Governing Body and the Anointed

by greendawn 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• greendawn
    greendawn

According to JW theory all those taking the memorial emblems are part of the body of Christ and therefore should participate in the status and functions of the anointed. If we are to say that some of these "anointed" are just fruitcakes or spiritually immature, what about all the rest?

Why are they so invisible, nowhere heard or seen contributing to these anointed functions? Why are only the GB members carrying them out and even more why are they getting non anointed JWs to participate in them, totally ignoring the rest of the anointed? Why are they setting the elders or COs as authorities over and above the local anointed?

What serious anomalies and errors does this reveal in the JW org, that surprisingly the R&F fail to spot?

alt

Who could these cunning foxes be?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the fact that CO's will call elders meetings , and pioneer meetings when they visit but do NOT call visits for the annointed or to my knowledge speak to them on behalf of the organization at all , always seemed strange to me as a jw.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Why are they so invisible, nowhere heard or seen contributing to these anointed functions? Why are only the GB members carrying them out and even more why are they getting non anointed JWs to participate in them, totally ignoring the rest of the anointed?

Excellent point, maybe the thought of anointed ones being given the Masters belongings is only in theory. Again another huge hole in the GB teaching, the anointed teaching. Seems to me that the picking and choosing has more to do based on company man or the most qualifications to being a public speaker and running a business rather than Christ picking who is running the org.

Reminds me of Jesus words about the sons of the world being more shrewed then the sons of the Kingdom.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was the same questionable set up to me Candidly, and generally that in all functions of the congo the local anointed were totally ignored and these weren't just any JWs but individuals with decades of loyal service to the org and impeccable characters. My feeling was that if they tried to assert their anointed status the GB would get the elders to kick them out as disobedient subordinates.

It's one reason that got me questioning the moral integrity of the WTS.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It really shows it to more business then spirit directed as they teach.

abr

• Warlock
    Warlock
    What serious anomalies and errors does this reveal in the JW org, that surprisingly the R&F fail to spot?

Greendawn,

The R&F don't even think about these things. They are too busy trying to keep up with the demands of the religion. Besides, whatever questions you may have, whatever wrongs you might have seen, or experienced, always remember ............... "Jehovah will take care of it in his own due time".

Warlock

• 5go
    5go
    Who could these cunning foxes be?

Don't insult the foxes they are innocient.

The GB are pigs nothing descibes them better. Read animal farm by orwell.

• heathen
    heathen
    Why are they setting the elders or COs as authorities over and above the local anointed?

Maybe the "anointed" don't want those positions . A fair share that claim to be "anointed" are women so definately not allowed those type of "privileges".

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs with their peculiar two classes of "christians" create a unique problem: Are anointed women superior to non anointed males? They should IMO at least have some unique functions that the non anointed don't have. Even so that still leaves the male anointed who are non entities under the FDS scheme of things. Are they not channels of divine inspiration as the anointed are supposed to be?

As for the R&F not spotting such glaring discrepancies it's up to us to point them out and raise some doubts in their minds. If they say "oh well the FDS will in time fix this anomaly" we can argue "but why don't they correct it now when it gets pointed out to them? What are they waiting for? With what motive are they ignoring the correction of these anomalies and prolonging their existence?"

I know the GB (and previously the WTS presidents) are power lusting pigs but also very cunning in upholding their position and public image.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I think another thing follows from this ,that Jehovah has annointed them all with his holy spirit ,supposedly ,and yet to human eyes they don't have any more special qualities than the next person.

Admittedly alot would be old and have years of christian habits giving them good and unhypocritical natures but many "worldly" older people have the same, because of holding on to old world principles.

Look into a crowd at an assembly and you can't pick the annointed one even if you observe a group of people for a while. So ,as the GB would have us believe, only Jehovah sees the qualities needed to have him appoint a person to part of the bride of Christ ,we are left to again believe the unseen ,yet this time it is in material people not like for instance the "invisible" coming of Christ in 1914.

And yet today we have more and more younger people becoming annointed and they don't have any special visible qualities that make them outstanding. I've known of a couple who would be in their 60's and have claimed to be of the annointed as long as I have known of them ,and they are self righteous and arrogant ,surely not qualities god wants ,and yet I've known older other sheep that have a long record of humbleness.

It' obvious to me that the GB won't give any special recognition to the rest of the annointed for they could come forward and point out errors in the GB's interpretation of scripture and say they have been inspired by Jehovah also which would leave the GB in a predicament would'nt it? So if they are kept in the background they do not then present a threat to the GB.

If they make themselves exclusive they make it hard for any other annointed to crack into their power group and therefore gain complete control by intimating that the rest of the annointed are proving their annointing by humbly being quiet as a group - very clever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit