The Governing Body and the Anointed

by greendawn 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I'm not sure I'd want to do an osmosis with your brain...at least not without an activated charcoal filter. LOL

my "devil's advocate" posture on this and another thread

I knew that....

• misocup
    misocup
    As for the R&F not spotting such glaring discrepancies it's up to us to point them out and raise some doubts in their minds. If they say "oh well the FDS will in time fix this anomaly" we can argue "but why don't they correct it now when it gets pointed out to them? What are they waiting for? With what motive are they ignoring the correction of these anomalies and prolonging their existence?"

If they are really directed by Jehovah, why would anything need correcting? Wouldn't everything already make perfect sense?

btw, what are R&F (rank and file?) and FDS?

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

misocup

nice to meet you

R&F rank & file

FDS faithful and discreet slave

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Seems to me that the picking and choosing ishas more to do based on company man or the most qualifications to being a public speaker and running a business

• Honesty
    Honesty

The so-called anointed are nothing more than pawns in the hands of the WTBTS hierarchy:

***w94 1/15 p.16 par.5 Shepherds and Sheep in a Theocracy***

In 1919 that slave was identified as the remnant of anointed Christians. Since then, as represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, it has been the center of theocracy on earth. Around the world, the Governing Body is represented by Branch Committees, traveling overseers, and congregation elders.

• misocup
    misocup

frannie :

The Gov. Body of the WTS collectively suffer from a "superiority complex"

They do? On what basis do you make this assertion?

and do not wish anyone else to be given the acclaim and position which they hold in the eyes of their minions,

And yet I have personally seen one of them (Fred Franz) deliberately refuse to indulge someone (after an international convention talk he gave) in just such an act of acclaim and recognition.

nor do they wish the threat of a usurpation of their position from others who put their pants on one leg at a time, just as the Gov. Haughty Body does.

And how do you know what they wish, or do not wish?

I've never met one of the GB, I do not even know how many there are or their names, but I am still able to tell what kind of people they are because of the positions they hold and the edicts they hand down. I think frannies statements are correct.

Take the decision (or non decision) about the 2 witness rule, and whether or not the parents of a minor victim of an attack would be allowed to tell the police:

They have for decades knowingly allowed molestation and child abuse inside the organization while making policies deliberately designed to keep it all quiet.
    They will not be swayed by pressure from outside the GB to make any change in policy no matter what may be happening in their congregations to witness children and families. Instead they continue on business as usual while attacking (ad hominem) the whistleblowers while making no answer to the contentions made. Their followers will do what they say or be disfellowshipped. They will not be told they are wrong, they will hold the power over the people forcefully and brutally. Forcefully because they threaten those who question them with DF or DA. Brutally because they now cannot deny they know of the abuse and molestation problem but will make no changes that could alleviate suffering for witness children.
    They obviously think they are superior to not only their followers, but all people on earth. After all they are at the head of Gods only true organization on earth.

In fact "superiority complex" is far to tame to describe what they are. What kind of person will not take advice or make immediate necessary changes in the face of tremendous scandal? A tyrant!

tyrant
    1 a : an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution b : a usurper of sovereignty
    2 a : a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally b : one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

• misocup
    misocup

Thanks, I'm really glad I found this site.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hi, Misocup! Welcome to the JWD forum. I hope you enjoy the board. You have a PM. Look up in the left hand corner of this page under your posting name. You'll find a hyperlink to your "inbox."

Frannie

• onacruse
    onacruse

misocup, I likewise offer my welcome to you.

You will perhaps find that I, at various turns, will vilify the WTS with the wrath that comes from an internal (infernal) fury, and at other times will seem to be a 'defender of the faith.'

However, when it comes to Frannie...well, she chops off heads, so I stay out of her way! LOL

Craig

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    when it comes to Frannie ...well, she chops off heads, so I stay out of her way! LOL

Not without good reason, Grasshopper....

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit