Crumpet the Human Guinea Pig -Clinical Trials - Anyone tried it /have info?

by Crumpet 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That seems kind of risky, did you read all the fine print (I'm assuming they gave you printouts)? I'd make sure first that there is nothing major that could possibly happen.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Reading the link fokyc provided, it appears that that particular incident was at least partly down to the drug company and trial conductors trying to cut a few corners. Unless there is a big coverup going on, such an event as this is pretty rare. I would go for trials myself if I was fit enough.

If you were up North (of England, not Saudi Arabia lol!) I'd suggest Covance because they carry out their 'riskier' trials in one of the regional teaching hospitals so at least if anything goes wrong, you're in the right place for emergency treatment.

The pay depends on the length of the trial but I'm told it's pretty good.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks for worrying Lonelysheep!

I think the one that I have applied for is called Chiltern International - they sent me a glossy brochure of people in white coats doing important looking things with computer print outs and test tubes and smiling at patients. I'm sure it will be okay - i havent had much in the way of form s - just one that signs them as the main beneficiary to my life insurance and relinquishes them from all responsibility in the event of decapitation!

(The brochure part is true - the rest is for laughs! )

Elsehwere would you allow yourself to be tested on after death though? Just out of interest..

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsehwere would you allow yourself to be tested on after death though? Just out of interest..

Sure.... on the condition my body is stuffed and mounted as a fixture in the House of Representatives of Congress. Every time they meet I will be marked as "Present but not participating".

• bernadette
    bernadette

Crumpet I should have added that the brother in question believed/believes very strongly that armageddon is around the corner - don't know what long term damage he could've done to himself, sorry I'm so negative about it.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

My best friend's other best friend used to do clinical trials all the time in Texas. As far as I know, she's just fine and made decent enough money. She even did trials that involved weekend and longer stays in the hospital (or somewhere?). That's all I know about it. I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.

Best wishes ,ooops, I mean

~Merry

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I've done it..one time. The product being tested spermicide. Thats right. I used the spermicide, had sex with my husband, and went within 24 hours to the hospital to see if all his little guys died. I went once a month for 3 months, I got paid 500.00 total.

lisa

• trevor
    trevor

Don't do it !

You might change from a crumpet into a hot cross bun...

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey crumpet,

I'm a nurse and I work in the Osteoporosis treatment and research center for a university hospital. We do lots of clinical trial for new drugs and testing the effect of certain drugs on the bones. It is usually not a dangerous thing to do, you are monitored very closely for any changes that could possible do harm.

You are usually provided all medications, lab test, physicals and most time money the least I've seen is 25.00 and the most was 250.00. You can always opt out if you don't feel good about the program.

Send me an email if you think I can be of help to you [email protected] or PM me.

nj

• ninja
    ninja

Hey Crumpy....get a job ya lazy woman....he he

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit