zip code and click on the link of your
    interest.

http://www.meetup.com/

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

There is no place to go...........after being raised a Jw......and then finding they harbor pedophiles and the lack of love.......I feel safer being "spiritual" then "religious"...I don't trust "religion"....I think Jesus would approve of being spiritual more then religious anyways......

Codeblue

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Wafe, you might want to review some of the material in Lady Lee's "Best of...." threads. You can locate them by using the "Jump to:" window and clicking on the drop down box (above). It's the third category down and includes recovery issues which you're bound to encounter. She also has a "Take back your life" category which you'll probably find helpful. Best of luck and welcome to JWD!

Frannie

• Xena
    Xena
    The truth is I would like to marry but was unable for years due to the fact that the kingdom hall thought I was bad association (it had to do with the fact that my mother was DS and as a result so was I although I did nothing wrong). The problem is that I still believe about what the Bible teaches about not having relations before marriage so what I am trying to find is a way to meet ex witnesses who feel the same way I do.

Dang right out of the org and already wanting to enter into another institution.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I need to find new friends but I don't think that I could go out 'into the world' as I still believe the Bible
    is what it claims and I am uncomfortable with going to another church.

You don't need to shun the world. That's JW thinking. If you aren't into naked mud-wrestling,
    then don't seek worldly naked mud-wrestling fans. Otherwise, you can make friends to some
    degree with people who share some like interests, but not necessarily all interests or the same
    spiritual outlook.

Most people not in a cult have activities that provide their circle of friends, or they enjoy the company
    of coworkers, family, or church members. Do you have coworkers. Do you have hobbies or the
    interest in starting some. If you enjoy books, join a bookclub. Volunteer (as suggested) at places
    of interest or in humanitarian deeds. You could find people of interest at your bowling alley if you
    join a league, or at the zoo if you volunteer time.

While many people think "worldly" is drunken fornicators, that is not the part of their lives you want
    to share, and you can find plenty of nondrunken nonfornicators. There are plenty of married, stable,
    people out there, plenty of single funlovers, plenty of inbetween those.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

As a Bible-believing Christian, you will find others of like mind, including marriageable young ladies with high moral standards, in Bible believing churches. Find one that has a singles ministry or college and careers gatherings. Maybe you'd enjoy a social outing with them or an inhome Bible study? Take it slowly and make friends, don't be afraid to tell them that you have been in a cult. They will probably be very supportive and understanding. Believe me, what you have been told about the other churches aka Christendom has not been the truth.

You may eventually get to the point where you feel ready to try a service. The Baptists, in my experience, tend to be quite serious about Bible study, if that is what is of interest to you. Of course, every congregation is different since they generally are locally governed, instead of by a hierarchy. The major difference is that those outside the org believe you can have a personal relationship with Jesus, and that has been denied to all those JWs who are not of the 144,000.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have done an article containing a lot of information on the answers given to this question in the past at http://jwfacts.com/index_files/where.htm This contains a lot of information in regards to religious choices. Many find that all religions end up being manipulative and institutionalised and there is no perfect religion. If fellowship is important to you, a religion that is not high control is best.

I have found reconnecting with many of my friends that were d/f years ago has been great, as have been making new ex JW friends through meetup.com

However over time the JW connection fades and you can make great friends through work, clubs etc.

• Manco
    Manco

I know what you mean about a place to go although as to a person to go to, that's Christ who is the most Faithful and Discreet Slave, not the Watchtower's governing body men.

There's about 1,000 signed up for new fellowship. Lots are exJWs.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChristianWitnesses/

The homepage explains and I've put it in bold print.

WELCOME; SPARKING HAPPINESS! EVERYTHING FREE.

Fellowship for bringing more joy is open to those of different beliefs. (Ga 5:22) Christian Witnesses' own beliefs are freedom to differ united by love (Ro 14:1-5; Co 3:14); resurrection to heaven or earth; invite home Bible readings(Mt28:19,Ro16:1), pray, share meals, help the needy (Ga 2:10); 2 or more can select elders (1Tim 3;Ac 6:5) but Christ is our only top Leader.(Mt 23:10)

Signing in brings 100% free the Weekly Bible Reader (many with reader-to-group comments), on the left you can click PHOTOS; MEMBERS to email each other for friendship or fellowship; FILES for items such as 150+ Christian leaflets, a song book, Bible story book, music, publishing policy (short, clean, helpful, non-spam); LINKS to Bible tools, Holy Land photos, fellowshipping recipes, anticrime helpers etc; POLLS to vote or give feedback.

I enjoy the Weekly Bible Reader. I was emailing another person in the fellowship, call her Jane, and she said getting it was the only thing that had kept her from becoming an atheist. As for me, I really enjoy having people I can email with and hope to meet some in person sometime.

I feel the Watchtower Society has become an apostate organization that uses the name apostate to try to smear everybody opposing its apostacy, including those who would prefer to dissent while trying to stay loyal. But there's no two ways about it. Their sending pedophiles to preach at doors turned my stomach.

To conclude, this has been a healing for me, and I recommend to others.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am uncomfortable with going to another church. I can understand that completley...But remember which ever Church we go to > we go with the WT eyes.... They continued to teach us "DO NOT FORSAKE THE GATHERING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER" So gather my friend Not with a bunch of judgemental people the WAtchtower has.. When I left I volunteered my services to be a Probations officers asst.Until the Elders started to come & talk with the JW kids that were in trouble stealing cars, vandalizing Churches etc: making them study every night of the week, they were worse of with the Elders than they would have been with the Probation officer... Then I offered my services to "Mothers & Others Making Change" helping the poor, That was very rewarding. Until I found that every where are givers & takers, This is a corrupt world, True waht Jesus said Wheat & weeds. We just have to use our noggins & discern....Then I visited every Church , Pentecostal, Baptist, Presbyt: Catholic, Mennonite, Bretheren, Christian Reformed, Cooniites, United, found out what they all believe . Then realised the Bible says.> Once I asked Jesus to be MY LORD & Saviour HE is in the TEMPLE of my body.....( no stoning please)So I suggest you do, go, every where THEY said it was a no-no- except the Brothels,The Crack Houses,Or your neighbours bed>Just my two cents. Hang in there

• codeblue
    codeblue

Please allow anyone who posts on this site their freedom of spirituallity......

When I post, I don't assume others are wrong.........just what works for me.

Please respect that and don't try to alter or infuse your views. That reminds me of being a JW again.

Peace.

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit