That's What I'M Talkin' About!

by Farkel 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

A non-native speaker's perspective:
    The most irritating cliches in
    American English:
    The annoying use of 'like' to premodify everything. It's a slot-filler for the linguistically challenged. Example (imagine a dim-witted blonde speaking): "I was LIKE waiting for the bus. And the bus wasn't LIKE coming. So I was LIKE upset about it."
    British English:
    The (over-)use of the adjective 'ridiculous'. When I hear the expression: "This is just ridiculous" uttered in the Southern British accent, I want to puke instantly. It's ridiculous.
    Pole

• pixel
    pixel

Now That's What I'M Talkin' About! but you started this topic first.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Presently, this is a subject I would like to discuss in great detail.

FMZ

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome to my world... a home infested with teenagers.

*** shudder ***

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

This is lazy English, and I dun't lik lasy Englush.

I can tell that you don't Farkel, and neither do I

Crumpet: I agree, "innit" is an awful word, or non word as it's a combination of two words, innit isn't it?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

great avatar - Serontonin Wraith - jump 6 spaces forward on the popularity board!

"This is just ridiculous" uttered in the Southern British accent, I want to puke instantly. It's ridiculous.

Pole - its hardly our fault - so much of South Britain is ridiculous!

• needproof
    needproof

Wots wrong with innit? lol safe!

Urban Dictionary

It's the shiznit

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Farkel,

While we are on the subject I would appreciate someone suggesting ways that I may murder people who say 'Duhhhhh', and 'Hellooooo' as a means of accenting the fact that someone has behaved stupidly, and stay out of prison.

HS

• Farkel
    Farkel

Pole

: The annoying use of 'like' to premodify everything. It's a slot-filler for the linguistically challenged.

Now, that is what I'm talkin' about. It is like, so tacky and under-educated to speak in such a like, stupid way, like a yahoo, or even like a cretin. The problem with the youth of today is that they so, like, butcher the grammer that we speke so wull. Whatever.

Farkel

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hilary:

While we are on the subject I would appreciate someone suggesting ways that I may murder people who say 'Duhhhhh', and 'Hellooooo' as a means of accenting the fact that someone has behaved stupidly, and stay out of prison.

I'd call it a mercy killing. If I was on the jury for your trial, I'd definitely vote to acquit you.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit