That's What I'M Talkin' About!

by Farkel 68 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Pole

: The annoying use of 'like' to premodify everything. It's a slot-filler for the linguistically challenged.

Now, that is what I'm talkin' about. It is like, so tacky and under-educated to speak in such a like, stupid way, like a yahoo, or even like a cretin. The problem with the youth of today is that they so, like, butcher the grammer that we speke so wull. Whatever.

Farkel

I completely agree...makes me want to scream!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Fartal said "Call me a curmudgeon."

Thanks for the invitation and I'll also call you a jerk - for the way you ran that girl off the board a while back, all because you decided to pick a fight over how she phrased her Jw'ism situation. Ignoring her as a person coming here for help you decided to jump all over her English usage. But it's all about you Fartal.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Expressions change. Language changes. Even without Babel myths. When the language changes bother you too much your generation is probably dying.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"Everything is everything."

"It is what it is."

Basically, I am of the opinion that our use of language is decaying at a very rapid rate into gibberish that will eventually become a constant stream of ambiguity. I believe we have "political correctness" to blame, in large measure, for the trend. There is no place in modern U.S. (and possibly any English speaking) society for candid communication.

Call me crass if you will, I speak what I believe is right and defend what I say until I am given cause enough to change my mind. Ladies, be forewarned: Do not ask me whether it makes your ass look fat unless you really want to know. On the other hand, because of my candid nature, if I say I love you or respect you, then you have every reason to believe me.

—AuldSoul

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

good to see you farkel!

memories... a few years ago someone i know flashed the old girls at some friends... egged on by younger chickies with perkys...

my her ego was stroked when the drunken gents banged on the table and all yelled "THATS WHAT I"M TALKIN BOUT!!"

it aint a bad phrase at all LOL

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Call me a curmudgeon.

You are a curmudgeon.

It's just a black thing. Let it go.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Sir Nose:

Farkel can't crump

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Sir Nose:

Farkel can't crump

So that's what it is, eh? Don't feel bad. I would suggest checking out Rize if you want to see how it's done.

• anewme
    anewme

It may be no small connection that coinciding with the increased use of slang among the English speaking population is the report recently of a huge decrease in the pastime of reading books.

It takes great determination to go against the tide of modern popular language and insist on using classic proper English.

Anewme

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

It makes my blood boil when I hear people use the term "hook(ed) up" in reference to sexual activity. Also the term "off the hook" can ruin my day if I hear someone use it. "The bomb" is another one. I also can't stand elaborate handshakes or "knuckles". Girls in trucker hats piss me off too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit