That's What I'M Talkin' About!

by Farkel 68 Replies latest jw friends

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Nothing like hearing the phrase "thas mah baby daddy" to set my teeth on edge. I despise this phrase with a passion, and think it says much about society and the state of relationships and marriage (or lack thereof) these days.

George Carlin is one of my favorite comedians; in his comedy routine he often talks about his linguistic pet peeves:

"Best thing since sliced bread! Sliced bread?!! That's the pinnacle of human achievement?!! If aliens ever visit the planet, they're gonna leave cause the best thing we ever produced is sliced bread! What's so f---ing great about sliced bread anyway? You take a loaf of bread and a knife and you slice the f---ing thing!"

"Down the tubes -- hear that one a lot. People say, "Ah, the country is going down the tubes." What tubes? Have you seen any tubes? Where are these tubes? And where do they go? And how come there's more than one tube? It would seem to me, one country, one tube. But is every state all of a sudden have to have its own tube now? One tube is all you need. But a tube that big? Somebody would have seen it by now."

• winnie
    winnie

I HATE it when people say Mondee, Tuesdee, Wednesdee etc. It really p**ses me off! If it was supposed to be said that way, it would be spelt that way!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Farkel my fav

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Perhaps that does make me judgemental, I'll think about that more.

Indeed. How much blood do you think you need to draw before you are satisfied? Or, will you never "forgive", even though Jesus said forgive 7 times 77 times? If the answer is "never", you are definitely a dub. If the answer is, 'ok, I will', you are probably not a dub, or you are a dub on your way out.

But even that doesn't matter. The female I goaded for grammar forgave me, yet YOU find it hard to do so? I didn't wrong YOU. What does that say about YOU? How were YOU wronged? She was wronged, yes, but how were YOU wronged?

Get a freakin' life and quit trying to live IN other people's lives, especially when the other people have settled their issues mutually, and please just GROW UP.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

hillary,

: 'Oy John! Wots a Penis Collado?'.

I had a date insist I take her home immediately just because I innocently offered her one of those. When I explained to her what it REALLY meant, she beat me up and found a way to get home on her own.

For some strange reason, she would not accept a second date with me.

Sigh.

Farkel, scratching his head over women

• Satanus
    Satanus
    For some strange reason, she would not accept a second date with me.

Why would somebody try for a second helping of what you just had? She did you a favor by saying no. Unless you like rodeo dates.

S

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Farkel,

:But even that doesn't matter. The female I goaded for grammar forgave me, yet YOU find it hard to do so? I didn't wrong YOU. What does that say about YOU? How were YOU wronged? She was wronged, yes, but how were YOU wronged?

:Get a freakin' life and quit trying to live IN other people's lives, especially when the other people have settled their issues mutually, and please just GROW UP.

I've always been drawn toward those who bully others and have never thought of it as immature to stand up for someone. I hope that what it says about me is that I'm trying to be a good guy and not afraid to speak up at times.

I doubt very much that you apologized to her, but if you did why did you do that privately after thrashing her publicly?

I'll let you go Farkel, take care.

~UnConfused

• Farkel
    Farkel

Unconfused,

: I doubt very much that you apologized to her, but if you did why did you do that privately after thrashing her publicly?

Doubt all you want. It happened. I PM'd her with my apology and said I would put my apology up on the board if she wanted. She answered me back and said it was was ok, not to worry about it.

: I doubt very much that you apologized to her,

This is particularly bothersome to me. You don't even know me and you are impugning I might be a liar. You want to be RIGHT no matter what, even when you are not. I have credibility in here and in life because I am honest and I AM honest. I don't give a rat whether you think I am or not.

As I said, you still act and think like a dub.

Enough of your rubbish. If you cared enough about the truth you would dig out the post she made, PM her and ask her if I apologized or not. But, if you are still acting like a dub, you are too lazy to do that. I don't need to do it for you, because YOU made the accusation and it is YOUR responsibility to prove it. I just told you how to do it.

Farkel

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I hate to be such a pedant, BUT:

: How about "I aksed him a question instead of ask"

It's "axed", you ninny! If one must talk ghetto, one must learn "proper' ghetto!

Farkel

Well, well, looks who's calling the kettle black! To be proper 'ghett-o,' the title of this thread should have been: "Thass What I'm Talkin' 'Bout, N____ah!" Jeeesh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit