Yep I am new.

by Wafe 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wafe
    Wafe

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and if you get a chance, drop me a line.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi wafe, and welcome to the forum.

Good to see you here

Linda

• bernadette
    bernadette

Hi Wafe, welcome

bernadette

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board.

purps

• mia_b
    mia_b

Heya and welcome

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome to the board, tell us alittle about yourself. Keep coming back!

Leslie

• Quandry
    Quandry

A big Texas HOWDY to you!!!

• RAF
    RAF

Hi Wafe ... Welcome !!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Canada welcomes you also...Come again...

• Wafe
    Wafe

Well, since you asked...;)

I was one of Jehovah's witnesses for about sixteen years if my math is correct and am still in 'good' standing (that is until they find out my current beliefs) and I like most accepted what the Society said without question.

That was until about six months ago when I started to delve deeper into the Bible by studying the languages that it is written in (Hebrew and Greek for those that don't know ;)) as I began to do that, i noticed that some of the language that is in the New World Translation was slanted towards the organization. A good example is how they translate system of things. This word is actually Aion (age) underserved kindness is actually favor and other words which I will not bore you will. Needless to say that it made me think as to what was going on.

I remeber talking to one elder who read 1 CO 9:16 about woe is me if I do not preach the good news..." However when I looked below two verses latter is said that this was suppose to be done "without cost" In other words, no donations were ever taken.

As I contiuned to research, I discovered that many things; meetings, field ministry, using liturature was not the way the first century christians did it. That and the fact that the poor are never given a consideration in the work really bothered me. Take for example of the act of an elder at one hall I went to.

There was a family who came into the Kingdom Hall one night three women and one little boy who was about three. Now, everyone could tell that they were very poor, no good clothing to speak of, hair was in a mess on all of the family members indicating that they did not have enough money for anything. I went over to say hi to them but other than me, no one seemed to pay them much attention. WHen the meeting began, the family sat down in the back row of the Kingdom Hall and people began to sing the song. As this was happening, the little boy began to cough very loud and could not seem to stop. I was in the back when this started to happen and noticed that the family was doing everything it could to keep him quiet but it was no use as he was obviously sick.

The meeting contiuned and the little boy contiuned to cough during the meeting. That is when I saw something that I never thought would happen. One of the elders (who was and is the prosiding overseer of that cong) walked over to the family but instead of asking the family to go downstairs, he pulled the little boy from its mother's arms and took him down stairs. The mother was of course shocked to see this happen as was I.

The family never came back after that as far as I can recall.

That is when I began to believe that the witnesses were more interested in thier image that Christianity.

Anyway that is some of my story. If you want to hear more, feel free to send me an email.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit