Yep I am new.

by Wafe 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome, Wafe. You seem like an astute fellow.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Wafe, I hope we can see these. I'm not very good at this pasting business:

John 1:1

Exodus 7:1

Fats

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Hi Wafe

Welcome to the site. Thanks for the insight, I cant tell right away you should feel at home here.

Like Crumpet, I'm always keen to learn little bits of info (its much preferable to a 2 hour meeting!), so thanks!

See you around!

PaulJ

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Hi there Wafe! Welcome to the board. I've enjoyed talking with you today. Keep coming back!

• Stoic
    Stoic

Hi Wafe, I just found this site a couple of days ago. It is interesting to read your translation of John 1:1. I have struggled to find a reliable reference on whether it should have an indefinite article, and thus supports the trinity or not. I admire you for studying to stage where you can answer your own questions. I have read that a lot of the primitive churches or sects (e.g. the Nestorians) did not believe in a trinity and that its introduction could be attributed to an Egyptian pagan influence.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Wafe, if you stick around you will learn lots of things about every aspect of the WTS while having fun.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

In my studies with JWs I have also found many many mistranslations in the NWT--in those "big" passages but also some in seeming irrelevant places, and yet...........when you find a cross reference later in the Scriptures, it becomes apparent that a doctrinal or behavioural bias (theirs) has caused this mistranslation. If someone starts a thread, I will be tempted to post.

• dark angle
    dark angle

welcome wafe! i'm relatively new here too! just about two months. since that time, i always find browsing this site is fun and interesting. theres a lot helpful minds here. what brought me here is the issue about blood transfusion which in my personal studies show that there is something wrong about this policy. welcome aboard.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Welcome to the wagon, Wafe!! (or something like that)

• jinjam
    jinjam

welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit