Ex-JW's Pioneers Help! What can I tell my 75 year old mom who "fs" in rain?

by booker-t 8 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I have tried talking to my "devout" jw mom until I am blue in the face and she just won't budge. But now I am really worried to death for her. The other day she told me that she was going on return visits with another pioneer sister who is in her early 40's and much, much younger than my mom. It was pouring down rain and my mom suffers from recurring bronchitis. I went balistic. I just can't believe the pioneer sister would take advantage of an elderly woman in her 70's just to get her pioneer hours. I wanted to confront this pioneer sister and tell her off but my mom would just side with the pioneer sister. My mom speaks Spanish so all of the people in her KH always want her to help them with their Spanish bible studies. What should I do just leave it alone or confront the pioneer sister?

• sspo
    sspo

It's not the pioneers fault, they are doing what they beleive needs to be done.

Your mother is old enough to make up her own mind of what to do in the situation.

If she did not want to go out, i beleive she would say something.

Let her be, she is 70 years old and happy in " doing God's will ".

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'd confront the pioneer sister in a kind way just mentioning her health and how you worry about her.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

A quiet word with the pioneer sister, nothing heavy, about your concerns for over your mums health would be in order I think. Be tactful though, or you could make the pioneer even more determined to take her out.

• Mulan
    Mulan

your mom is 75 not 95...........I know 75 year olds that could keep on keeping on long after I thought it was time to quit. The bronchitis thing is a problem for sure, but unless she is pretty crippled up, I say leave her alone. She wants to do this and can say no anytime.

• mia_b
    mia_b

you could try speaking to the pioneer sister nicely - just mention the bronchitus and rain - but your mom probably likes being useful

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

YO QUIERO TACO BELL!

• Tez
    Tez

I remember an elderly sister who thought she was one of the remnant. I had been going in to keep an eye on her as she was ill and very frail. One day I was driving past her house on a cold windy day and she was standing at her gate. I stopped and asked her what she was doing, she said she had to do the 'Lords work' in whatever way she could, so she was waiting for folk who passed her house in the hope she could witness to them, there was no telling her she shouldn't be doing it! The thing is the brain washing goes deep, folk are convinced it is what they should be doing. I agree with the others that say a quiet word in the sisters ear just reminding her of your mother's health, but your mum is probably chuffed to bits to be being used in this way and it is a way of doing her ministry that means she isn't just traipsing around streets calling on not at homes.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

just let her do her FS

probably more healthy then sitting at home, doing nothing.....

gives her some purpose in life, even it it is all in fain, but she will never know anyway...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit