Ladies....what would YOU do?

by onlycurious 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Why don't you kick in your IQ and use your brain?!!?"

At least he is saying you have an IQ and a brain. He could have told you that you are always an idiot. That your IQ is lower than your shoe size and that you are an airhead. Could be worse. Arguments are never fun though, especially when money is tight.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

"Hopefully we will all figure out that once you say something, even if you take it back, it can stick with a person a long time, maybe even the duration of the relationship or marriage."

I know how that feels....

tsof

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Well, I'll just tell you how I DID handle it.

I took the dish towel that I had in my hand and flipped it at his face. The man has EXCELLENT self control issues because he did nothing. Just steamed and pretty much got out of the way. We are both 1st borns and have battling that issue for years.

Despite the comment, he really is a keeper. Despite my flipping him with the towel, I think I am a good catch too. Just trouble at times. I'm sure we can all relate to the fact that it's tough to be married and sometimes we just can't stand our spouse. All in all....we've been married almost 16 yrs and have 4 great kids. No cheating, no domestic violence (minus the towel,lol) no alcohol or drug abuse.

Oh, he is a WORKaholic though. Yikes. Drives me bonkers but whatever. We work TOGETHER too and that can be fun. ha

Thanks for your input. Abandoned....you are hillarious!

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

By the way: The little IQ comment is because I took an IQ test online a while back and my score came back as 152. Funny thing, most people would NEVER mistake me for a genious so we often joke about my IQ kicking in.

It just wasn't the right time and he wasn't joking to be funny this time.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    OR, one could just go shop away the pain . . .. . . yes, I know it's very mature . . . go get your hair and nails done, treat yourself out to dinner and a movie, indulge,indulge, indulge . . .. . .give 'em sump'in' to talk about .

I agree!!

When I was married, and we'd get into a fight like that, I'd go to Wal-Mart. He soon learned the faster he came and apologized, the less money I spent. And, it didn't matter WHOSE fault the argument was!!

• blondie
    blondie

I love you, onacruse....like a sister

• fifi40
    fifi40

Just save this little gem up for him

"I cant believe out of 10,000 sperm you were the quickest"

Fi

• RAF
    RAF
    "Why don't you kick in your IQ and use your brain?!!?"

I don't know If I understoodbut if and only if "kick in" means also USE (too as a nuance) somehow
    My answer would be = why don't YOU kick in your BRAIN to use your IQ because you need the former to use the later ... but I'm not sure you're understand that ... Allo is there something in there? Mayday Mayday ... Mayday Mayday ... Mayday Mayday ... and each time he would talk to me Mayday Mayday ... Mayday Mayday ... Mayday Mayday ... at least 3 times before to ask Are you ready? ... are you ready? ... are you ready?

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I LOVE the sperm idea. My husband is the FASTEST guy on the planet. He thinks fast, talks fast, eats fast.....everything is just plain fast.

You know how they say opposites attract? I am....well, not so fast.

I WILL definately use that one on him!

• lola28
    lola28
    My husband is the FASTEST guy on the planet.
    fast.....everything is just plain fast.

He does everything really fast? Really? I would think that would be the bigger issue in this relationship....

Lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit