Ladies....what would YOU do?

by onlycurious 29 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Wow I had no idea that bikerchic and Onecruse were together. What do ya know, you learn something new every day.

I would definitely have to walk away and blow off some steam. This kind of thing has happened to me before which really makes me angry because the guy I was married to was in school and I was working paying for everything when we first had met- he had literally no concept of money or bills etc. Once he started in the work force all of the sudden he was "The Expert" and I was just the dumb little woman who had no brain.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

You could say, "Kick in my IQ? It couldn't be any worse than when I kicked in my I DO."

• onacruse
    onacruse
    Wow I had no idea that bikerchic and Onecruse were together.

Yeah, I was just cruising along, minding my own business, happily posting away on JWD, and then [edit] bikerchic [edit] [edit].

I asked paid Simonfor money to help me buy her off,money to find her, but he declined.

And they lived happily ever after, the end.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ba da BOOM!

Good one Abandoned!!!

best reply to this thing yet!

• zeroday
    zeroday

if your husband said to you,

"Why don't you kick in your IQ and use your brain?!!?"

during an argument finances....one of the worst topics.

The number one cause of problems in a marriage. Now, you have to ask yourself two questions.

1) Are we the only one's having this problem

2) If not how do other couples deal with it.

The answer to 1 is NO the answer to 2 is ditch HIM and find someone who doesn't have a money problem. Now I know what you are thinking, "Easier said than done" Maybe or not. A woman does not necessairly want to spend freely with out care rather would like to have financial security. There are a lot of single guys out there that have worked very hard at a job and have socked away a very nice nest egg. The question is how to find them.....

• Scully
    Scully

if your husband said to you,

"Why don't you kick in your IQ and use your brain?!!?"

Well, honestly, the best thing you can do in response to a personal attack like that is to not dignify it by replying to it.

Obviously someone does not know how to have a rational discussion without resorting to personal insults. Stop the conversation and walk away. Say you'll consider opening up the conversation again when he apologizes, can stay on topic and not insult your intelligence.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'd do what I was prepared to take full responsibility for doing.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

walk away

After many comments like that from my estranged husband I got 2200 KM away

works for me

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

OR, one could just go shop away the pain . . .. . . yes, I know it's very mature . . . go get your hair and nails done, treat yourself out to dinner and a movie, indulge,indulge, indulge . . .. . .give 'em sump'in' to talk about . . .

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think most spouses say things that are sarcastic at one time or another. I remember once, when I couldn't find my bank card, I was told, "You're a bimbo without the looks." But the dummy had just told me I was the cutest gal he'd ever seen, not two hours before this. The problem is, sometimes words are hard to forget. Hopefully we will all figure out that once you say something, even if you take it back, it can stick with a person a long time, maybe even the duration of the relationship or marriage. So, no matter how tempting it is to say mean things you don't really mean, it's better to walk away, cool off and find a better time to discuss the way you really feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit