The vote is in: SCIENCE vs RELIGION......who won?

by Terry 171 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fifi40
    fifi40

Satanus

IS HEAVY THINKING RUINING YOUR LIFE? or are you a recovering thinker?

• fifi40
    fifi40

Terry

Have you been stealing and manipulating my lines................

Fi says - It is about the human beings who enter either field, and what they do with the gifts and tools they have.

Terry says - The power and opportunity is always there. But, it is never God who makes it happen. It is man. MAN is the motor that moves the world for good or ill.

Gotta love you for that one.................

• Satanus
    Satanus

fifi

Hehe. How did you guess? People used to tell me that i think too much. W meditation, i learned to shut it off, for a while. I won't go further into this, at this time, cuz i want to hear terry's response.

S

• Wafe
    Wafe

Religion didn't give you the car you drive or the refrigerator that preserves your food or the computer you're typing your luddite view on!

Religion also did not give us pollution, the atom bomb and global warming.

• Terry
    Terry
    And just as a reminder do not confuse religion and spirituality. I invite you to just forget about religion for a while and open your Spirituality

I trip over that word: Spirituality. I don't much care for it. You want to know why? It doesn't mean anything. It has no definition. It is more of a vague feeling than a state of being.

I invite you to give it identity if you so choose so that I may consider it and learn from you. As it now stands I think it is a term made up to avoid admitting to being religious without anything particular to believe in.

To me, spirituality is like the word "cute" or "cool". People use it to mean whatever they want it to mean and leave it to the listener to fill in the blank for themselves. Okay. But, that isn't communicating; that's playing MAD LIBS.

I'm willing to be wrong. But, for me to abandon my opinion I need something to fill in the hole left.

What EXACTLY is "Spirituality"?

People do think (for themself for most) and since there is no real new arguement - their opinion is already made) you can add whatever you want (unless it is a new argument) it's only nitpicking - and then why reading?

Huh? I'm sorry. Could you run that by me again please?

Most of your argument are about what's best for everybody (from YOUR perspective) but then your insistence to not taking everybodies arguments and consideration in the matter of spiritually (through a religion if they want to / Their right) shows that you ONLY want to win ...

Ummm, win what?

What is best for everybody? Food, shelter, clothing is about it. Then there is quality of life and purpose. Oh yes, there is longevity and health. Are all those things so debatable? I thought we were all pretty much the same when it came to all that.

Humanity has the same nature. We have the same needs. It is our tastes and opinions which differ tempermentally.

You can think as you like or not think. It won't bother me. Honest.

• Terry
    Terry

If a person stops his thoughts, what happens?

S

coma

• Terry
    Terry

Have you been stealing and manipulating my lines................

Fi says - It is about the human beings who enter either field, and what they do with the gifts and tools they have.

Terry says - The power and opportunity is always there. But, it is never God who makes it happen. It is man. MAN is the motor that moves the world for good or ill.

Gotta love you for that one.................

Yes, I steal all my best lines from you. You got me.

It's great to be loved.

• Terry
    Terry

Hehe. How did you guess? People used to tell me that i think too much. W meditation, i learned to shut it off, for a while. I won't go further into this, at this time, cuz i want to hear terry's response.

S

Maybe I didn't give you your money's worth!

Thinking takes effort; it is not automatic. Have you ever driven home from work and did not remember actually driving? The details of life required attention, focus and determined concentration. Mere activities can be habitual and secondary reflexes.

The higher consciousness and logical thinking take skill and practice to be of use to us.

Shutting off thinking will make you a pebble or a thumbtack in rationality.

• Terry
    Terry

Religion didn't give you the car you drive or the refrigerator that preserves your food or the computer you're typing your luddite view on!

Religion also did not give us pollution, the atom bomb and global warming.

Did you know the native Americans (Indians) who lived in Los Angeles before the white man arrived called the area Smoke Valley because of the smog??

Did you know that America (the Christian nation) is the only country on earth to have used atomic weapons on humans? (Hiroshima and Nagasaki). Did you know the bombs were not dropped on the selected targets, but, on secondary sites as a default?

Did you know Global Warming has happened periodically all through Earth's history and BEFORE any man or technology could be blamed for it?

Of course you didn't or you wouldn't post such statements.

But, thank you for sharing.

People who blame science and think religion is a better source of benefit for mankind always say things like this.

• RAF
    RAF

Terry,

I trip over that word: Spirituality. I don't much care for it. You want to know why? It doesn't mean anything. It has no definition. It is more of a vague feeling than a state of being.

Do you think that there is a state of being without feeling this state? (when alive and not in coma - also some people says that when in coma they still had a sens of being)

I invite you to give it identity if you so choose so that I may consider it and learn from you. As it now stands I think it is a term made up to avoid admitting to being religious without anything particular to believe in.

You won't really learn anything from me (you can only acknowlegdeeverything and from that think for yourself about and come up to anything from it - its all yours to learn about something or not) you are open or you are closed to some things it is your choice, There is nothing I can do for or against.

To me, spirituality is like the word "cute" or "cool". People use it to mean whatever they want it to mean and leave it to the listener to fill in the blank for themselves. Okay. But, that isn't communicating; that's playing MAD LIBS.

I'm willing to be wrong. But, for me to abandon my opinion I need something to fill in the hole left.

What EXACTLY is "Spirituality"?

a way to explain spirituality would be to say for instance : when you read a poetry what matter the words (= material) or the deepest meaning (= spiritual)

Sorry No comment about your 2 following questions that would be a repeat. But lets talk about this

What is best for everybody? Food, shelter, clothing is about it. Then there is quality of life and purpose. Oh yes, there is longevity and health. Are all those things so debatable? I thought we were all pretty much the same when it came to all that.

ok your spirituality is about the purpose of your life its meaning to you (more or less material and spiritual) regarding you and others (what is the most important for you). We all have a spirit therefore a spirituality (so also a spiritual state) and were you are right is that we don't need religion for that (we have it) the only probleme that I can see with religions is to give God a meaning wich leads to war (any kind with anyone) but you also know that we are also going to war for oil for instance ...

Humanity has the same nature. We have the same needs. It is our tastes and opinions which differ tempermentally.

If we have the same basic physical needs, we do not have the same purpose in life (that's the spiritual part of it).

Religions or phylosophies (they are somehow connected and confused but you don't need the former and can have your own phylosophy which lead your life regarding to your aim/purpose) are good or bad spirited toward others and we are each one of us an other for the other ones ... So when any religion or philosophy (even very personal) bad spirited towards others is spread (by words/actions or reactions) it is a probleme for everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit